Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Would You Feel If You Were Accused, Convicted And Sentenced

175 posts in this topic

Posted

It seems that this is the closest we're going to get to an apology from Vilma.

Posted

OHhhhhhhhhhh, this is about football..Thank God. Dam, i was worried for a moment....

Posted

ESPN has been reporting all day that at least one of the suspended players signed a declaration that he participated in the bounty scheme

THEY HAVE PROOF... GET OVER IT.

Posted

fug this thread, I'm going back to Dash's thread.

Posted

Please show me one shred of evidence that the players were given the chance to meet with Goodell to discuss and declined

The league said no player agreed to be interviewed in person, and the players also declined to send someone to argue on their behalf, league sources told Schefter. As one NFL source said, "They took the Fifth Amendment."

Might also want to note this...

The NFL said that "multiple independent sources" said Smith "pledged significant sums to the program pool."

ESPN.com

That's just one article. The evidence is all over the net on multiple sources. You can read it anywhere.

(assuming you know how to read)

Posted

Millions of people take felony convictions in the US every year without seeing the evidence against them. When you accept a plea arrangement, more often than not the prosecution has not been required to submit their discovery to your attorney, or the court. There is no legal obligation for the prosecution to turn over evidence until you opt for trial.

i wasn't trying to put up the behavior of the legal system as an example of fairness. more to point out that a private organization isn't bound by due process.

i'm no expert but from the way things have played out so far i think the closest thing the league has to "going to trial" is the appeals process.

Posted

please stop making threads and go take a long walk off a short pier.

1 person likes this

Posted

off

Posted

If this happened to me, I'd just quit and get one of those other 7 figure jobs that always available for a player's skill set.

Posted

The OP may have the stupidest screen name ever

Posted

There are worse things than being accused, convicted and sentenced like this.

You could be an idiot, or even worse, a Saints fan. Now that would be awful.

(I know that was a tad redundant)

Cue the response "Well, it'd be even worse to be a Panthers fan." Which he'll probably write even though I've predicted it already, just because his brain can't come up with anything else.

Posted

The CEO of a company can do whatever the fug he wants. If an employee is using monetary gain to injure another employee, it's grounds for "whatever the fug I want to do because I'm your boss" on Goodell's behalf.