• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#31 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,737 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:33 PM

Let me call my some of my cousins who are FDNY and find out their reaction....

"Dude we got Sanchez!!! J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS"

#32 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:43 PM

So, you can speak for the entire population (and government) of NYC. Great. Let Mayor Blumeberg know ....

I don't recall saying that. I don't think anyone can speak for all of NY, but I'm sure the city of NY would be flattered that you're on a message board defending those that I've left out.

And a note; if you're going to insert yourself into my local politics and defend New Yorkers (people you know even less about than I do) against what you perceive to be my misrepresentations, you'd do well to spell the mayor's name correctly.

#33 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,737 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:44 PM

PLwned

#34 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:57 PM

This thread is about the ignorance of those in this administration who thought the photo-op was a good idea, and who had no common sense regarding how fresh (yes, even after nearly 8 years) 9/11 images are for the people of New York. It wasn't just unthinking, it was uncaring. I cannot believe that not one person who was in on the conversation planning this thought or expressed that perhaps this isn't a good idea. You think that 9/11 was a long time ago, but this shows just how fresh it is ... and the Obama Administration is responsible for needlessly making people in New York relive that horrific day. While it may not be of the magnitude of "starting a war" or some of the other things that people in this thread want to continue harping on regarding the Bush Administration, is it not unimportant. It's extremely important and shows that the issue of national security and personal safety are very high on people's minds, still. The fact that the administration doesn't recognize that is a cause for concern. Someone should be fired, at the very least.

Funny you have shown more outrage over this incident than over Bush's complete politicization of the justice department, illegal wire tapping, and a needless war that killed thousands of our troops.

gee, wonder why.

lol

#35 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,895 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:02 PM

Is it me or is every post Zod makes in the Tinderbox looking the exact same?

#36 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,737 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:04 PM

like this? (pun intended?)

Posted Image

#37 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,059 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:05 PM

I don't recall saying that. I don't think anyone can speak for all of NY, but I'm sure the city of NY would be flattered that you're on a message board defending those that I've left out.

And a note; if you're going to insert yourself into my local politics and defend New Yorkers (people you know even less about than I do) against what you perceive to be my misrepresentations, you'd do well to spell the mayor's name correctly.

Where 9/11 is concerned, we aren't talking local politics. I'm not so concerned about misspelling the mayor's name, either. My points are still valid, and I've seen and read enough to know that there are plenty of others in NYC who do not share your feelings.

#38 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:06 PM

Funny, you never mentioned that when Bush was president.

#39 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:06 PM

Funny you have shown more outrage over this incident than over Bush's complete politicization of the justice department, illegal wire tapping, and a needless war that killed thousands of our troops.

gee, wonder why.

lol

You have erroneously and repeatedly put me in the wrong box where Bush is concerned.

The fact is that this thread is specifically about the stupid, insensitive stunt on the part of the Obama administration. Nobody has equated the incident with any of those things you and others are spouting regarding Bush. This is about this one thing, and it is important. Nobody has said it's more important than anything else, but it is not unimportant.

#40 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:08 PM

You like to say that, your posts over the last years disagree though.

#41 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:09 PM

You like to say that, your posts over the last years disagree though.

Nope ....

#42 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:10 PM

Funny, you never mentioned that when Bush was president.

Fair enough. But I have done a good job of keeping my mouth shut regarding complaints about the new president, so far.

#43 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:13 PM

Fair enough. But I have done a good job of keeping my mouth shut regarding complaints about the new president, so far.

Funny, you never did that when Bush was president

#44 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:14 PM

:lol:

#45 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 05:13 PM

Where 9/11 is concerned, we aren't talking local politics. I'm not so concerned about misspelling the mayor's name, either. My points are still valid, and I've seen and read enough to know that there are plenty of others in NYC who do not share your feelings.

Your points aren't valid, this isn't about 9/11, it's about people's perceptions and memories of 9/11, something that you do not share with New Yorkers, to say otherwise is disingenuous. I'm sure there are plenty of New Yorkers who don't share my feelings, there are 8 million people in this city. But you aren't going to sit there and stamp this with the "9/11: Never Forget TM" symbol and tell me that not only does it affect everyone (which it doesn't,) but that you know more about what's happening in the city I live in than I do.

This is simply more partisan bullshiat. A smear campaign based on a stupid idea for a PR campaign. If you want to make this about 9/11 fine. But leave NY out of it. We've been the battlecry for everything shiatty that's happened in this country for the last 8 years. Nobody listened when we disagreed with it. Nobody's listening now. Keep banging that drum, but don't do it on our account (and I do speak for NYC when I say that.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com