Game Of Thrones Grown Up Talk. Do Not Enter Unless You Have Finished All The Books

571 posts in this topic

Posted

Y'all can't answer my question?

Posted

Y'all can't answer my question?

Read them all... all of them...

1 person likes this

Posted

yeah you'll miss out on a bunch of poo if you skip to the 3rd

1 person likes this

Posted

I think Meera Reed is Jon's sister, and Jojen = Howland

Posted

Thanks

Posted

if you skip to the 3rd, you'll wonder why characters not in the show are carrying story lines that are in the show

you'll know the barebone basics of what happened, but you'll miss out on a bunch of the why

Posted

because if robert baratheon had ever found out, he would have had jon killed

Yeah I get that...because that is obviously in Baratheon's character to do it. However, I haven't seen any indication in the writing that Cat is loose lipped and couldn't keep the secret. That should have been built into her character somehow because Ned keeping this a secret from his wife doesn't make sense (i.e. the loss of 'honor' for Ned, as well as the harsh treatment of Jon by Cat). Unless maybe we're wrong about Jon being Rhaegar's son.

Posted

because he promised he'd tell no one...not even cat?

we don't actually know what he promised specifically.

Posted

Also, as far as honor and the Starks go... We don't even know why Benjen took the black...

Maybe he's somehow Jon's dad...

Posted

I think that R+L=J, but I've waffled back and forth on whether or not it could be that Ben is Jon's dad, and Ned just decided to take the fall for Jon and the honor of being the First Ranger.

I don't think that Jon is Azor Ahai. I believe that Azor is Jamie and that to get the Lightbringer, he has to kill Cersei. I think in the next book that Lady Stoneheart will hang Jamie, and Jamie will be reborn as Azor Ahai, and ascend to his position of being the light against the coming dark.

Posted

On the Azor Ahai thing...

At this point, my prime candidates are the Hound and Jon... I lean more towards the Hound...

ALTHOUGH one of Melisandre's statements is that whenever she looks into the fire all she sees is "Snow" with a capital S...

Posted

"A Song of Ice and Fire"... anyone's thoughts on the meaning behind this?

Is it simply R'hllor vs. The Great Other?

Is it Jon Snow's story? (L=Ice + R=Fire)

Is it something else?