Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amile Jefferson

72 posts in this topic

Posted

heels have better players than duke

Better players? I will let you believe that. Haha.

Posted

Thats is nothing new. North Carolina usually has better players. Duke usually has the better team.

Posted

Thats is nothing new. North Carolina usually has better players. Duke usually has the better team.

Who has more championships?

Ouch. Duke was irrelevant until 25 years ago.

Posted

Better players? I will let you believe that. Haha.

Roy has been mopping the floor with K in recruiting. It's not even close. Top 7 this year, top 3 next year.

K is a better coach though than Roy. I respect K. I love to hate him.

I'm not one of those dumbass heel fans who will say that. Roy is still a top 4 coach in NCAA though.

Posted

Have fun setting screens...I'd much rather have Leslie back

NCSU on paper is the favorite in the ACC next season and a sleeper NC contender.

However, NCSU is extremely thin from the bench and haven't had these sort of lofty expectations in what seems like forever.

To be fair, Kentucky had almost no bench LY and they won the NC. They were also extremely lucky they didn't have any serious injuries.

Carolina was very thin last year and look what happened. KM went down and so did the NC title hopes.

To win a NC in college hoops (in every sport really), you have to be good AND lucky.

Posted

Who has more championships?

Ouch. Duke was irrelevant until 25 years ago.

unc 5

Duke 4

4 is pretty good to only be relevant the last 25 years. How long has unc been relevant to only have 5?

Posted

Roy has been mopping the floor with K in recruiting. It's not even close. Top 7 this year, top 3 next year.

K is a better coach though than Roy. I respect K. I love to hate him.

I'm not one of those dumbass heel fans who will say that. Roy is still a top 4 coach in NCAA though.

class rank 2005

unc 4

Duke 2

class rank 2006

unc1

Duke 4

class rank 2007

unc not ranked

Duke 6

class rank 2008

unc 5

Duke 13

class rank 2009

unc 3

Duke 8

class rank 2010

unc 4

Duke 8

class rank 2011

unc 9

Duke 2

I have to disagree with roy mopping the floor with K in recruiting, the numbers tell the real story. As far as top 3 next year that is still to be determined since 85% of the class has not signed yet.

Posted

class rank 2005

unc 4

Duke 2

class rank 2006

unc1

Duke 4

class rank 2007

unc not ranked

Duke 6

class rank 2008

unc 5

Duke 13

class rank 2009

unc 3

Duke 8

class rank 2010

unc 4

Duke 8

class rank 2011

unc 9

Duke 2

I have to disagree with roy mopping the floor with K in recruiting, the numbers tell the real story. As far as top 3 next year that is still to be determined since 85% of the class has not signed yet.

don't forget this year and next. Not even close.

You can use numbers to shape any argument you want, but lately UNC owns Duke in recruiting.

You should also add that several of the 2011 class players won't be with Duke this upcoming season.

Also, what was your recruiting source?

Posted

unc 5

Duke 4

4 is pretty good to only be relevant the last 25 years. How long has unc been relevant to only have 5?

Carolina technically has six. But it was almost 100 years ago LOL.

4 in the past 25 years is pretty good.

2 in the past 10 is better.

Posted

don't forget this year and next. Not even close.

You can use numbers to shape any argument you want, but lately UNC owns Duke in recruiting.

You should also add that several of the 2011 class players won't be with Duke this upcoming season.

Also, what was your recruiting source?

And several players from unc's 2009 class (T.Wear, D.Wear, and J.Henson) won't be with unc this upcoming season along with several from the 2010 class (K.Marshall, and H.Barnes) so what is your point? You said roy was out recruiting K, just because players leave doesn't deminish that the coaches recruited these players and they played for the school.

As far as 2012 unc has four 4-star recruits coming in and Duke has 2 5-star recruits coming in. I don't know the class ranks yet because they haven't been updated since Jefferson signed. I use scout as my source, they do a nice job and it's easier to search without having to pay.

Posted

Carolina technically has six. But it was almost 100 years ago LOL.

4 in the past 25 years is pretty good.

2 in the past 10 is better.

Techincally they have 5, the helms banner is only recognized by a few schools. Butler would also argue that they were national champs that year since they actually won a tournament that year. They weren't just awarded a "championship" 12 years after the fact.

Posted

And several players from unc's 2009 class (T.Wear, D.Wear, and J.Henson) won't be with unc this upcoming season along with several from the 2010 class (K.Marshall, and H.Barnes) so what is your point? You said roy was out recruiting K, just because players leave doesn't deminish that the coaches recruited these players and they played for the school.

As far as 2012 unc has four 4-star recruits coming in and Duke has 2 5-star recruits coming in. I don't know the class ranks yet because they haven't been updated since Jefferson signed. 2013 unc has two 5-star recruits signed and Duke has one 5-star recruit signed but like I said 85% of the class is still unsigned so a lot will change. I am not using the numbers to shape my argument, I am just giving you the facts. I use scout as my source, they do a nice job and it's easier to search without having to pay.