Photo
- - - - -

Different Defensive Packages Used Last Year

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#11 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:00 PM

Much of what we did last year was in response to the plethora of injuries as much as planned packages. We often put the best guys on the field regardless of position because that is who we had. I can't say that I want to run specific packages until I see what we have and we institute our base scheme this year. I expect us to try different things but it would be crazy to make too much out of what we did last year. We were in crisis mode and struggled to put the same guys on the field 2 weeks in a row.

#12 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

HUDDLER

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:09 PM

Well going into the season, the Panthers had already said they were going to use the "Buffalo Nickel" package which is why I suggested that adding Reggie Smith and Nakamura would only sure up that defensive scheme along with getting all the injured players back, I think the "Buffalo Nickel" package might be a good defensive scheme for the Panthers in 2012.

#13 chris999

chris999

HUDDLER

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:27 PM

I for-see great improvement in our defense, top 15 overall and 45+ sacks.

I see improvemnt too. We get Beason back, with Kuech TD and a new squad of DBs. This defense is on the way up. Rivera has built better defenses than Fox has.

#14 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

HUDDLER

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

I see improvemnt too. We get Beason back, with Kuech TD and a new squad of DBs. This defense is on the way up. Rivera has built better defenses than Fox has.

My point exactly, we couldn't run our Jim Johnson blitz schemes without our LB's.