http://finance.yahoo...cholarship.html

#17 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:45 PM

This is another example of capitalism. The rich get richer. He probably was playing club football from a young age and may have even been trained by former professionals. In school he most likely had tutors whenever he needed them. Needless to say he was also well fed and had access to the best workout equipment. And I highly doubt he had to manage a job while in high school.

Also his son looks nothing like him. Might wanna get a DNA test done.

It's not just PDiddy and, presumably, his son. David Bowie's son is a film director. Part of what helped him was Bowie's connections from doing films like 'Labyrinth'. This is the fundamental problem with capitalism. It's like having a race and allowing someone to start at the finish line.

#18 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

Yeah, no one's family should be able to utilize the connections and wealth that their ancestors created for them.

Who cares if football ruined the brain of Seau and caused him to kill himself, his children should start with nothing even though their father sacrificed everything. Those little rich bitches should have to pay that money back to other poor kids who had parents addicted to drugs and didn't care anything about them.

Who cares that PDiddy worked hard for his money and may or may not have provided his son with the best of everything to give him an advantage in life, that drug addict ***** down the street suckin dudes off for $10 a pop so she can get some more drugs and ignore her child definitely deserves it more.

You pussies make me sick.

#19 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:40 PM

Lol what

#20 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:41 PM

I'd probably be an asshole too at 18 if my dad were worth half a billion dollars

I wouldn't be. If you're humble and kind, good things will happen for you

#21 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:51 PM

But in all honesty, I don't have a problem with this. Even if someone is less fortune, if they can't play football they wouldn't get a scholarship anyway. They are for the best players regardless of income.

And I'd be willing to bet that Diddy will start scholarships of his own (or the like) at the university

#22 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:23 AM

Did the kid earn the scholarship or not? If so, how could you come up with the opinion that he shouldn't get it?
I feel I'm in a portion of Atlas Shrugged.

#23 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 6,232 posts
  • LocationRichardson's toilet

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:01 AM

I think they will now be asking for donations.

#24 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:08 AM

Did rich kid Andrew Luck give back his scholarship money? Were there people demanding he do so?

#25 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,335 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:50 AM

Oliver Luck is worth half a billion? Plus Stanford is a private school....not like UCLA which is publicly funded.

#26 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,335 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:53 AM

But it sucks for the kid who is trying to be his own man living in his fathers shadow.

#27 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:54 AM

My point stands, kids from privileged backgrounds that dont NEED athletic scholarships have been accepting them for decades without much fanfare.

#28 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,014 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:25 PM

It seems like he worked his tail off and got in to a good school on scholarship. What is wrong with that?

This is a kid, who has accomplished something on his own in spite of being in the shadow of one of the wealthiest musicians ever. I am sure his parents are incredibly proud of him.

#29 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:08 PM

Give it up. The kid earned his scholarship and he deserves it. Your kid didn't get one and you're upset because Diddy is rich? fug off. Tell your kid to get better at stuff and maybe one day he'll earn something instead of having it handed to him because someone else did all the work.

fuging KT and I agree on something? Now I feel dirty.

#30 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,194 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:52 PM

I agree that if he earned it on his own it really doesn't matter where he came from, who he is, or who his parents are.

It's not like Diddy paid UCLA to give his son a scholarship, the kid can play and he earned it. It just makes for a cool story because of who his dad is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com