Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carolina-chuck

charlotte bobcats Bobcats 1st Round-Pick #2 SF Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

182 posts in this topic

this wasnt dunlaps choice. this had the scrub cho/mj written all over it. bad bad pick

I like Gilchrist a lot. He needs to develop a shot and overall offensive game, but everything else is outstanding. Players improve offensively all the time, and if he doesn't he'll still be a good addition, He might not be a superstar, but nobody on the board after AD is a sure thing.

It fits with what Dunlap is looking for more than you guys realize. If you've listened to anything he's had to say since becoming coach this pick is easy to understand.

It fits with what Dunlap is looking for more than you guys realize. If you've listened to anything he's had to say since becoming coach this pick is easy to understand.

Dunlap outright, pointblank, plain-as-day stated that he wants a good 3-point shooting team. What in the hell are you slobbing about?

I think he will be a good pro not a star though. He only scores in transition but plays very good defense.

Next year Shabazz, Noel, Zeller, or JMM? Probably finish worst and get the 4th pick.

this wasnt dunlaps choice. this had the scrub cho/mj written all over it. bad bad pick

You are surprisingly negative for a guy with a Bright Eyes avatar. Chin up. Sunrise, Sunset, and all of that.

Dunlap outright, pointblank, plain-as-day stated that he wants a good 3-point shooting team. What in the hell are you slobbing about?

I'm slobbing about the fact that he's spent more time talking about changing the culture of the locker room and focusing on the physicality of the game than he has 3 point shooting. We didn't hire Mike Dantoni, and it damn sure more important to add physicality and leadership than it is to add a three point shooter.

He also said he wanted high energy guys that will tenaciously defend and hit the floor for loose balls every night. It's almost like we'll need multiple players to turn this team around.

Dunlap sounds like a clown. He just said we drafted a defensive stopper at #2.

Again. Its about long term. Don't just draft a scorer and watch him struggle on a bad team when you can get a guy like MKG to be hopefully the final piece of the foundation.

• Topics

• You miss the point. Taylor was here before. We picked him because of what he could do for our wide receivers not because he had some great knowledge no other person had on the staff. Shula and Rivera and Gettleman studied multiple college systems for months before signing Taylor or drafting McCaffrey or Curtis and would have drafted the same whether Taylor was here or not. They liked the way Taylor developed McCaffrey which showed his talent but Stanford's offense wasn't Taylors idea or unique to him. Shula has a connection to Taylor as early as when Shula was at Alabama.  The debate was whether Taylor was chosen to replace Shula because Shula didn't know what to do to run a college offense and if he screwed up Taylor would replace him. And that Taylor was the reason and most influential in getting McCaffrey. I said it wasn't even close to the truth and this plan predated Taylor and was more thorough and we'll thought out. Everything since then just confirms I was right once again like usual.  
    • Assholes should've never taken it away in the first place.  Me and a couple buddies had a hookup and were all hyped up and planned out going to it... then the NBA had to get all political and take it out on the city of Charlotte and the fans -- which made no fuging sense.  Seriously doubt we'll even get the chance to go again.
    • 6'6" 255.  He'll definitely have some good mentors with JP, CJ and the rest of the D-Line crew. 255 he'll need to put some weight on don't you think?