Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Real Emotional Trash

Headline Tag: J-Stew Wants to Remain a Panther

95 posts in this topic

I wouldn't be surprised if Dwill restructured his contract to keep Stewart

That is comparable to the hometown discount line....NFL players don't do that. Just like you wouldn't take a pay cut at your job

Players restructure their contracts to free up cap space all the time!

1 person likes this

That is comparable to the hometown discount line....NFL players don't do that. Just like you wouldn't take a pay cut at your job

restructuring doesn't necessarily imply that they're taking a pay cut. a portion of their base salary could just be converted to a signing bonus or something. that's what jordan gross did i think.

1 person likes this

Why wouldn't Stew want to remain here? His career will be extended by not being forced to carry the bulk of the load, not to mention the great chemistry that he's built with D. Will. Hopefully D. Will will renegoiate his contract to keep Stew on the team.

Sign him. I love to see Dwill, Stew, and Tolbert for many years.

Didn't CJ make something crazy like $34MM this year? That has to be front loaded money.

But most of that is signing bonus, which counts equally for each year of the contract. Without looking up his deal, I expect he is carrying a slightly lower salary the first couple of years of the deal to lessen the cap hit, so it is actually slightly back-loaded. DWill's deal was done the same way if I remember correctly.

Let's say CJ's bonus was $24 million (just pulling that number out of the air for comparison purposes). JR could have paid $10 million this year in bonus, another $10 million next year in guaranteed bonus, and the final $4 million in year 3, also guaranteed. From a cap standpoint, it is exactly the same as paying the $24 million all in year 1. JR just did it all at once either because CJ wanted it that way, or maybe for other business reasons, i.e. tax liability, expected capital outlays, etc.

I want them all.

Keeping a positive thought...if they believe in Rivera and possible Super Bowls...they have an opportunity to have longer careers than average with less body damage. And hopefully some rings.

Maybe not a record as an individual but records as a backfield.

Get it done Hurney.

2 people like this

Also it's important to note that due to the new CBA and the larger amount of money going to the players, the salary cap will be substantially higher in the next few seasons, and D-Will's contract was front-loaded. They planned to keep them both from the very beginning.

Also it's important to note that due to the new CBA and the larger amount of money going to the players, the salary cap will be substantially higher in the next few seasons, and D-Will's contract was front-loaded. They planned to keep them both from the very beginning.

The cap is not expected to rise substantially this year. There will probably be an increase of maybe 8% to 10% in 2014.

DWill's contract was not front-loaded.

Ivan..

My question was about otahs salary. If letting him go opened up space for stew. I would like to see otah healthy. Maybe we could get a draft pick for em??

Love Stewy but money needs to be spent elsewhere. It's just business.

He wants to be back... that's the most important part, the rest is just details.

I was thinking he might want to leave for a chance to be "the guy" somewhere else, so this is great news!