Photo
- - - - -

Blackmon dui

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
130 replies to this topic

#121 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:45 PM

Sounds like someone who has a problem.

can't believe that comment took more than one post much less one page
kudos, I am beaming with pride

#122 4Corners

4Corners

2014 Huddle Poster of the Year.

HUDDLER

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:00 PM

I mean having a beer or two is one thing but getting drunk and driving is not cool.

Even if you only get arrested bro ask someone with a DWI and they will tell you how much of a hassle and how expensive it is.

Dude I know had one of those breathalyzers in his car for a DWI and he sometimes wouldnt be able to start his car until like 3PM because of going out the night before. Not to mention the calibration fees for that damn thing too.

#123 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

HUDDLER

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:17 PM

I mean having a beer or two is one thing but getting drunk and driving is not cool.

Even if you only get arrested bro ask someone with a DWI and they will tell you how much of a hassle and how expensive it is.

Dude I know had one of those breathalyzers in his car for a DWI and he sometimes wouldnt be able to start his car until like 3PM because of going out the night before. Not to mention the calibration fees for that damn thing too.

The blow machine and "calibrations" are as big of a racket as the law itself. Bar owners are irresponsible. Lots of patrons are idiots who cannot handle their liquor and apparently don't have any friends. First offense penalties are not strict enough by a long shot. But, the way "drunk" is determined is a joke.

He should not have driven and the fact that his incredibly high ABC being reported will get him some really bad press. In my opinion he should never get a license again. But some people here are making the jump to him being a bad player now and that we "dodged a bullet"

to me that is pretty funny

#124 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

I might stop short of calling Justin Blackmon a full blown idiot just yet.

Obviously not the sharpest knife in the drawer, and highly questionable judgment (a somewhat common flaw in the young) but even with the dumb stunts he's pulled so far, he still has every opportunity to redeem himself.

Now Dwayne Jarrett? He was an idiot. And pretty much nobody questions that Ryan Leaf is an utter twit.

I'm not sure I agree completely.

He has yet to sign his rookie deal, and chose to operate a vehicle while being extremely drunk, after already having issues with drunk driving in the past.

He has not made those millions that are dancing in front of his eyes, that his family and friends are already spending, those thousands and thousands that he has "borrowed" from his agent.

None of this is his. At least not yet, and you chose to do that.

Just stupid.

#125 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

I still ask the question how was this guy standiing, much less driving. Seems like to me the average dude would have passed out by the time he got to that point........

Most people who blow a .24 would have difficulty driving anything. For the average 200 lb person, they would be commode hugging knee crawling drunk. One of the ways that you can determine whether a person has a significant drinking problem is observe the individual and their behavior to determine what kind of tolerance they have built up through repeated alcohol use. Many serious alcoholics I have worked with over the years could record alcohol levels in the .20 range and appear even semi-normal. Instead of suggesting that there is no problem it screams a big alcohol problem to the extend that the person has built up a tolerance to the alcohol. So lets hope he was significantly impaired, if he acted more normal it would suggest an even bigger issue. For comparison sake, the average person experiences blackouts at around .20 levels. At .30 most people lose consciousness. At .45, most people stop breathing and die.

#126 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

HUDDLER

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:56 PM

Damn Blackmon

smh

damn

#127 4Corners

4Corners

HUDDLER

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

The blow machine and "calibrations" are as big of a racket as the law itself. Bar owners are irresponsible. Lots of patrons are idiots who cannot handle their liquor and apparently don't have any friends. First offense penalties are not strict enough by a long shot. But, the way "drunk" is determined is a joke.

He should not have driven and the fact that his incredibly high ABC being reported will get him some really bad press. In my opinion he should never get a license again. But some people here are making the jump to him being a bad player now and that we "dodged a bullet"

to me that is pretty funny

I would agree w/ a lot of these points.

I recall heading to a bar in college a couple years ago. We all got tanked. One of my friends left her car there and it got towed the next day when we went to get it at 8 am.

Don't drink and drive but u can't leave your car here. I honestly think the reason many folks drive is a fear of leaving their car somewhere.

Another example of a point u made: we were up at a very well known bar up here at lake Norman watching the nfl playoffs. It was winter, cold, and not a lot of people there on a Sunday afternoon.

My good friend was extremely drunk. Too drunk to be at 2pm on a rainy Sunday. He kept order liquor drinks and me and my room mate told that dumb twat behind the bar, "listen he's had enough and we don't want to babysit him or drag him out of here in two hours which I can promise u will happen. If he asks just give him a beer but no shots or whiskey."

She said okay.

I get up to piss and when I comeback, that damn George thoroughgood song is on and he's got one shot, one whiskey, and one beer. I told the bartender wtf was she doing after I asked her not to? She laughed and made it seem like it was no big deal and didn't care.

We finished up and she got a nice 7% tip from me when we left. I would have called and complained the next day but it wouldn't have mattered.

PS: the bar I'm talking about is The Rusty Rudder. I've seen them over serve basically every time I go there which is a couple times a month.

#128 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:44 PM

i keep on looking at the title of this thread and asking "who is this Blackmon Dui guy anyway?"

#129 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:55 PM

I still ask the question how was this guy standiing, much less driving. Seems like to me the average dude would have passed out by the time he got to that point........

Come to a huddle tailgate

#130 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:26 PM

I'm not sure I agree completely.

He has yet to sign his rookie deal, and chose to operate a vehicle while being extremely drunk, after already having issues with drunk driving in the past.

He has not made those millions that are dancing in front of his eyes, that his family and friends are already spending, those thousands and thousands that he has "borrowed" from his agent.

None of this is his. At least not yet, and you chose to do that.

Just stupid.

Believe me, I wouldn't minimize how stupid a thing this was to do.

I just think he still has the chance to redeem himself.

#131 4Corners

4Corners

HUDDLER

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:38 PM

Believe me, I wouldn't minimize how stupid a thing this was to do.

I just think he still has the chance to redeem himself.

Yeah, he did bring some unwanted attention to himself though, and that alone is going to draw some extra criticism from the experts. His play is now going to be extra scrutinized.

I can hear it now: "Well, folks, Blackmon dropped a pass and you've got to question his heart and if he is focusing on his priorities this game."

If he has a big season, it will all go away. He'll just have to go sign 100 autographs for some kids in the hospital and it will be like it never happened.