Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Just curious. Have some balls & tell the truth. Cam Bandwagoner, Panthers fan, or Cam fan turned Panthers fan?

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#1 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,338 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:59 PM

Yes, I love me some Cam Newton, but I have been a Panthers fan since before Charlotte was officially awarded the franchise. But, I find it kinda funny that there are so many new usernames that have Cam in them. There are of course the coattail Auburn fans---who I am not trying to hate on because Cam Newton's physical abilities, talent, and personality (fake smile and all, LOL) are so infectious that it's hard not to follow the guy---who have become Huddlers because of Cam.

All you "Cam" username people, Auburn guys, and general Cam followers are you simply a Cam fan, or are you a Panthers fan? Are you just a Cam person or Auburn person who will leave once Cam leaves, or have you developed an actual affinity for the Carolina Panthers after one year? Do you leave yourself open to following the Panthers for life as a result of Cam Newton being here? What's your deal?

Lastly, Huddlers who have been Panthers fans, what do you think about this influx of Newtonites? Do you appreciate them? Do you think that there is something disingenuous and not quite right about someone becoming a Huddler simply because of Newton, or posing as a Panthers fan because Newton is Carolina's QB?

#2 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,495 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:00 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

i'm only a panthers fan because of clausen

#3 Jai.

Jai.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:01 PM

Been a Panther fan since day 1, boss! Grew up with them, I was 12 years old when the Panthers arrived, seen every game, through multiple tours in the Army, repped them all around the Earth!

#4 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

Haha this should be interesting.

We just gotta learn to except it though, this happens to every fan base once they get their 'franchise' player.

#5 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,177 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:03 PM

What kind of person would regularly visit a Panthers fan site if all they cared about was Cam?

#6 joemac

joemac

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:04 PM

I didn't even know Charlotte had a team until we got Cam.

#7 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,756 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:05 PM

Never known another team. Born in 1991, team started in 1995. My family has been Panthers fans from the first game, my uncle has tickets to the first game at Clemson. I've never known another team, never will.

#8 Cape Fear Cat

Cape Fear Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:09 PM

Me too - Panther fan from Day 1. As for the newcomers, if they can buy into the team as well as Cam, then welcome aboard!

#9 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,268 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:13 PM

You don't get extra cred for being a Panthers fan before Cam. You think the Colts mattered nationally before Peyton?

We have a franchise QB, and hopefully the Cam fans will become Panthers fans because Cam will be a Panther his whole career and convert them.

I'm a Panthers fan from the beginning but I think it's great to get any fans we can.

#10 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 3,588 posts

Who gives a fug. The fan base is growing. Thats all i care about personally.

#11 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,429 posts

doesn't matter.

they are here.

they want the panthers to win.

they are one of us now.

get used to it or get over it.

doesn't matter why they are here. the important thing is that we all are.

#12 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,518 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:14 PM

I'm a Panther fan turned Cam fan....

#13 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,338 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:15 PM

What kind of person would regularly visit a Panthers fan site if all they cared about was Cam?

There are those kinda people in the world.

What kind of person would regularly visit a Panthers fan site if all they care about are the Saints*. Even better, what kind of person would regularly visit a Panthers fan site if all they care about are the Redskins? Maybe one who has been banned. Oh, but I digress, I am off topic in my own thread.

#14 wcuCATZ

wcuCATZ

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:16 PM

I wish people would stop being whinning little twats, and just be grateful our fan base is expanding. In case you haven't been to games in the past couple of years we need all the fans we can get. Also who gives a flying f@&k why people join the huddle it's a Internet message board, get over yourself and your supreme "fandom".

#15 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,833 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:18 PM

I'm a Panther fan turned Cam fan....

Pretty much this.

Being a panther fan isn't an exclusive club only the 'Day one' fans should enjoy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com