Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Otah Knee OK after MRI

128 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[url="http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2012/06/otah-is-ok-after-mri-on-knee.html"]http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2012/06/otah-is-ok-after-mri-on-knee.html[/url]

Posted · Report post

So is this good news? Or does Otah clutch his knee when winded?

i love the guy when healty but damn that is a huge if..

Posted · Report post

Did he hurt himself again, or this just a simple update of his status?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rico6' timestamp='1338851852' post='1792392']
Did he hurt himself again, or this just a simple update of his status?
[/quote]

i guess you missed the meltdown here last week when it was announced that he had been held out of OTAs for knee problems.

so the answer to the question is "sorta" and then "yeah pretty much".

Posted · Report post

Otah probably cries after a paper cut

Posted · Report post

In b4 "cry baby" or "cut him"

Posted · Report post

Glad the MRI came back negative. He's probably gonna have to play through some pain this season. Hopefully, he's mentally prepared because we need him out on the field.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='london67' timestamp='1338852203' post='1792396']
i guess you missed the meltdown here last week when it was announced that he had been held out of OTAs for knee problems.

so the answer to the question is "sorta" and then "yeah pretty much".
[/quote]

yeah, i missed that lmao.

Posted · Report post

I think they are just being careful with him.....just like everyone else that was on IR.

I fully expect him to play well in 2012. Contract year will motivate him to play. Not sure he has the pain threshold and drive to be here after this year

Posted · Report post

The real question is; how is his vagina?

Posted · Report post

Have they named the MRI machine after him yet?

Knee's hurting? Better schedule you for an Otah first thing in the morning?
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote]@josephperson
I think that's big part of it. so is 330-360 lbs. RT @jlw69 @josephperson Seems it's simply a matter of 'wanting it' for Otah. Thoughts?[/quote]

Posted · Report post

cut him anyway derp derp

Posted · Report post

.....Yeah, until next week.

Dude can not and will not stay healthy...would trade him for a anything at this point....

Posted · Report post

I really hope the big guy will be ok but my gut feeling is that he'll never make it to the end of the season

Posted · Report post

I didn't have my hopes up to begin with, knee problems for offensive lineman is trouble.

Posted · Report post

I have no expectations at this point for his return. He has to prove it, hasn't thus far so we'll see.

Posted · Report post

It's hard to fake swelling, glad to hear the knee is okay, lets hope for a healthy season.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Not sure how having bad knees at an unnatural weight of the human body = not wanting to play/lazy.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='panthersphan' timestamp='1338853756' post='1792427']
.....Yeah, until next week.

Dude can not and will not stay healthy...would trade him for a anything at this point....
[/quote]

Yet people think Davis will be 100% for 16 games

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Ken' timestamp='1338855141' post='1792446']
Not sure how having bad knees at an unnatural weight of the human body = not wanting to play/lazy.
[/quote]

I don't think he is lazy. A lazy guy would be at BOA working his tail off for months.

We drafted him however knowing he didn't like playing through certain levels of pain. Reality is Otah could simply be not retarded....and unwilling to push his body when his body says stop. A lot of NFL players aren't smart. You can call it tough..... in 20 years many of those guys will call themselves idiots

Posted · Report post

Some of you take umbrage at the comments suggesting Otah is "soft". However, these questions have been around as long as Otah has been in the league, so there is no reason for surprise.

Whenever fellow players, coaches, or those that cover the team address the Otah situation, they speak in careful language, alluding to how much he does or does not "want" it. Yes, weight is a big factor, and the knee is obviously not right. But don't hide your head in the sand and act like Otah's attitude/threshold for pain is not in question.

He is probably a fine gentleman. Not everyone has that super-drive that is needed to play through the aches and pains of the NFL. Some guys have other interests. Expecting all players to be like TD or JB is not realistic.

That said, if we count on having him play any significant role for us this year, we are setting ourselves up for disappointment.

Posted · Report post

to play football on any level, you have to be able to play thru pain. and this guy cannot/ will not do so.

Posted · Report post

Not everyone can have high pain thresholds. Obviously and regrettable Otah's is not very high.

My personality is one that I am not to be too critical of others, so I am upset that its not high. I would love him to play and be dominant and I am rooting for him to stay injury free.

I also have no problem with people calling him "soft" as there is definitely an argument that he is. I don't however like the "he's lazy" comment as there is no evidence that he is, which shows the irony in that statement.

Posted · Report post

What a pussay. Steve Smith scored a TD with a broken arm and still celebrated after it. Otah makes me imagine a soccer player taking a dive the moment he touches the field.