• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#31 panthernation23

panthernation23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:44 AM

Madden is always fun, i have been playing madden i think since like '94? i think it was out then.

My only beef with Madden is that when you get to the top level of game play for online people only use glitches, booters and exploits.

Every year i can crack the top 1000 or roughly get in that area but once u start playing high level competition its impossible to win for a legit player, there needs to be some kind of permanent online ban for these sh!theads.

This year i made it to lvl 10 for xbox, and it was fun as hell playing against legit players, but just like every year once u get to where i am at its a bunch of cheaters and it ruins online gameplay.

#32 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,105 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:51 AM

I stopped playing Madden years ago due to the mechanics of the game. A friend and I were playing for the last beer and I had him beat on the last play of the game with a sack of Phillip Rivers except apparently being on the ground doesn't prevent you from throwing a strait line 50 yard pass. The only way he could have thrown to ball would be underhanded and behind him yet he threw the best pass I've ever seen.

#33 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,195 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:52 AM

The issue isn't whether it's fun or not, because playing a competitive football game is enjoyable. Just like it was fun to play NFL Blitz back in the day. The issue is the only NFL game not being authentic. A 240LB DE shouldn't be able to be imported from NCAA and dominate OT's like Joe Thomas from day one, and that's exactly what you can do in Madden...

#34 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:52 AM

Guys, read this.

http://www.easports....-developer-blog

They've finally did everything we've asked for. Online Franchise actually has salary cap, true free agency, etc. They've finally made it where the difference between a 3-4 and 4-3 actually matters. A virtual Twitter. People can retire midseason or after the season and then come back. You can decide to either start as a coach or player, either using a current one, a rookie, or a rookie version of a current one or past Hall of Famer. You can retire your coach during one of your CCs and still stay in the same CC by taking another player, not having to delete anything.

That explains it better than I can though. I was going to get it anyway because Madden is fun. But it is a must buy for me now. The physics stuff is nice but they've finally made additions that have been needed for a long time now. Now when you play online, you can't just pick the Steelers and put Woodley/Harrison at DE and expect it to work without them taking a ratings decrease.

#35 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,682 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:56 AM

I will probably spend my yearly Madden budget again this year...but I'm honestly expecting to wish I hadn't within about a month just like the last few years.

#36 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:56 AM

Also, everyone remember this. This year, the Madden developers made a change by bringing over the FIFA crew, which if anybody plays that game knows how freakin' good it is. So it isn't a surprise that Madden is finally getting the overhaul that is needed.

#37 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,195 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:57 AM

Not to downgrade the franchise additions because they are def. important, but physics (if it's implemented correctly) is a much bigger, and important addition to this game. If the videos they showed yesterday are anything to go by (they should be it was gameplay), then a play truly will never be over until you actually hit the turf. No more of "oh the DB made contact with my WR time to move on to the next play". You could (in theory), see a Smitty vs Texans play in the game with the new physics engine....

#38 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:05 AM

lol every year theres this "NEW AND EXITING FEATURE", but its still the same old poo

Maybe? But it's still the best alternate to the off season i've found. Golf, soccer, baseball, and even nba? I'd rather play madden.

#39 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,468 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:19 AM

Yea same old, but I still buy it every year, and will probably do it forever. oh well.

#40 CARuthless

CARuthless

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:29 AM

Agreed Zod but at least EA cleaned house and is actually putting in effort in 13.

In 12 the developers said look! Suprise onsides kick! This will never be abused!

You only get one side onside kick so that it CANNOT be abused... Madden is my favorite video game ive got over 500 games logged in on Madden 12 99% of my games played as panthers, while it can be flukey at times it is the closest I will get to real football for quite some time now.

#41 CARuthless

CARuthless

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:34 AM

Madden is always fun, i have been playing madden i think since like '94? i think it was out then.

My only beef with Madden is that when you get to the top level of game play for online people only use glitches, booters and exploits.

Every year i can crack the top 1000 or roughly get in that area but once u start playing high level competition its impossible to win for a legit player, there needs to be some kind of permanent online ban for these sh!theads.

This year i made it to lvl 10 for xbox, and it was fun as hell playing against legit players, but just like every year once u get to where i am at its a bunch of cheaters and it ruins online gameplay.

Couldnt have said it better myself, I lost so many games because other teams had people twichin at the line ready to block my FG's and punts. Im skill lvl 9 on xbox, everyone past skill lvl 6 has a great understanding of how the game is played and how to beat certain defenses/offenses.

#42 panthernation23

panthernation23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:55 AM

Couldnt have said it better myself, I lost so many games because other teams had people twichin at the line ready to block my FG's and punts. Im skill lvl 9 on xbox, everyone past skill lvl 6 has a great understanding of how the game is played and how to beat certain defenses/offenses.

Once you hit lvl 9 it becomes insanely difficult to progress, like 75% of the people u get matched against will cheat, and thats where it gets anoying to play online.

#43 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:00 PM

Guys, read this.

http://www.easports....-developer-blog

They've finally did everything we've asked for. Online Franchise actually has salary cap, true free agency, etc. They've finally made it where the difference between a 3-4 and 4-3 actually matters. A virtual Twitter. People can retire midseason or after the season and then come back. You can decide to either start as a coach or player, either using a current one, a rookie, or a rookie version of a current one or past Hall of Famer. You can retire your coach during one of your CCs and still stay in the same CC by taking another player, not having to delete anything.

That explains it better than I can though. I was going to get it anyway because Madden is fun. But it is a must buy for me now. The physics stuff is nice but they've finally made additions that have been needed for a long time now. Now when you play online, you can't just pick the Steelers and put Woodley/Harrison at DE and expect it to work without them taking a ratings decrease.

I bet you they haven't done everything they've asked for. What do you want to bet that

1) Game will not play well/work out of the box -- meaning there will be absolutely game breaking mind numbing glitches that require you to hedge around all year long and overlook

2) There is no sweetspot for gameplay. All-Madden = impossible skill level, and All-pro = too easy, that has been the mess the last few years, there is no default gameplay that provides simulation style realistic results out of the box.

The sliders are just an excuse for them to send us a broken game. I've fuged with sliders for hours on end and the skill never did get right, ever. It's still always too hard or too easy. never just right.

#44 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:01 PM

Also, everyone remember this. This year, the Madden developers made a change by bringing over the FIFA crew, which if anybody plays that game knows how freakin' good it is. So it isn't a surprise that Madden is finally getting the overhaul that is needed.

It's still not going to work. Not yet, no way. Every year for the psat decade we ready this

#45 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,317 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:05 PM

I'm level 6 and every so often I play a glitcher. This guy a couple of days ago blocked every extra point and field goal, one of which he returned for a TD. It was infuriating because I was a better player than him. I really hope they do something about that crap in the new one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com