Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

your 5th grader did NOT graduate!

58 posts in this topic

Posted

The little bastid got promoted, he's going to the 6th grade next year...congrats. But he did NOT graduate.

My facebook feed is full of freakin' mommies celebrating their 3rd graders graduation. Cheese and rice, this is the same type of thinking that has awards days where every kid gets an award. God forbid that we expect these kids to EARN something.

High school graduation should be an accomplishment the is celebrated but I think it's cheapened just a bit when we have a cap and gown ceremony for kindergarten, middle school, blah blah blah.

What's a freakin' 5th grade diploma look like? Got a picture of Barney on it?

Posted

Go make toast in a bath tub.

Posted

Was waiting for this... Figured it would be in the other thread though.

Posted

downer1.jpg

Posted

get over it

Posted

Ive attended "advancement ceremonies" the past 2 days.. I get where hes comin from. Its the same bs as not giving a kid an 'F' because we "dont want to tell a child he failed".. Raising a generation of young folks that will expect to have everything given to them, again...

Posted

Our school systems are all kinds of fuged up and this is just one of the many examples.

Posted

someone didn't pass the 5th grade

Posted

with the exception of calling someone elses brat a little bastard, I have to agree with the thread originator.

Posted

They're kids, they've worked all year and there's nothing wrong with celebrating despite your dogmatic reservations about what should and shouldn't be recognized as an accomplishment.

<< just graduated my sixth year on the huddle on wednesday

Posted

Totally agree with the OP...even if the kid isn't a bastard.

Posted

Ive attended "advancement ceremonies" the past 2 days.. I get where hes comin from. Its the same bs as not giving a kid an 'F' because we "dont want to tell a child he failed".. Raising a generation of young folks that will expect to have everything given to them, again...

Agree.

Long story, but my son's teacher wouldn't give him an award he'd earned yesterday at school... turns out he'd signed up for the awards ceremony that included an $8 per plate dinner for our family and then didn't tell us, and we didn't attend... so the teacher was pissed and wouldn't give him the award yesterday...

After talking with him and my wife about it... we decided that he needed to pay the teacher the $24 and I wanted to know why he didn't get the award, even if she was pissed at him... then my son tells me "well, everyone got an award..."

wtf use is that if everyone gets one? If that's the case it's not an "award"... J is right... we're raising a bunch of entitled little asshole kids in this country. Nobody loses and everyone gets awards...