Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sam

Darrell Green at Mini-Camp Practice

64 posts in this topic

Yup, small world indeed!

Alvarez,

You must be the guy with the telephoto lens. Its a small world. No, I'm not a Cam Jock Sniffer. I have followed the Panthers thru good and bad since day 1. The Panthers are finally going to be viable now for awhile so I'm exited.

Ivan the Awesome,

I can't begin to remember what we talked about. Just small talk about the team.

I just remember him mentioning the CBs and my comment back to him about Captain.

I do remember Morrison coming by and shaking DG's hand and mine and being very open and friendly. As he started to walk away I said something like, "Keep Armanti" but he ignored me and kept on walking.... LOL

SAM

What did he say about the CB's? Did he mention any in particular?

What did he say about the CB's? Did he mention any in particular?

I don't remember clearly what he asked. I think it was, "is Captain Munnerlyn any good"? If I had known who he was I may have been a little more attentive. I just thought it was strange this guy didn't know much about Carolina yet was asking who Morrison was. Like I told Alvarez, who is this guy? :-)

BTW the mini-camp was awesome and the ball that LaFell through to the crowd that caught the net was headed my way. :-)

Side note... I remember talking to DG and telling him that Captain Munnerlyn was a good CB but he was too short. LOL. Darrel Green was only 5'9" and must have thought I was an idiot.....

Epic fail, LOL

Panthers mini-camp practice: Free

Beer and a hot dog: $50.00

Telling a HOF'er that he's too short for the position he played: Priceless

2 people like this

Epic fail, LOL

Panthers mini-camp practice: Free

Beer and a hot dog: $50.00

Telling a HOF'er that he's too short for the position he played: Priceless

Yeah,

That's why I had to come out of hibernation and share this "epic fail" with the huddle nation.

Thanks CatMan :-)

1 person likes this

there is some serious bro-mance going on here! always good to see

I wonder if he is looking for a job?

Seems a bit strange for him to be there just for funsies.

I thought it was cool when we drafted Duke Robinson being the grandnephew of Smokey Robinson.

It fails in comparasion having Darrell Green son Jared Green on the team.

How far he goes, who knows, but having a father who is a HOF is pretty damn cool.

Isn't his son on the roster still?

This. His son is trying to get a WR spot. He is almost as fast as Daddy.

So I'm going to have to call B.S. on this story now that I've watched the following video on panthers.com:

http://www.panthers....95-fcb7981c95e3

At the 1:03 mark DG says he's "very familiar" with Mr. Richardson, and has "known him" so he wouldn't have been asking if Danny Morrison was the owner.

I'm also guessing DG would have reacted to being told Munnerlyn was too short. DG like Smitty went through his whole career being told he was too short... so I think that would have struck a nerve. In this interview, without any prompting, he brings up that he was barely 5'8" so nothing was given to him.