Photo
- - - - -

Rodney King Found Dead

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#13 KillerKat

KillerKat

GTFO Shula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:53 PM

Fidel Lopez was also a "true victim" I guess though I'm not certain how King wasn't also a victim.

Rodney King wasn't a saint but I don't think that kind of police brutality has any purpose. Breaking the law doesn't mean it's okay to beat you.

Not that a miscarriage of the law made it okay for people to riot - it didn't...

It was started with a dumb act followed by another dumb act followed by another dumb act. Just one dumb thing after another. A lot of stupidity to go around from everyone. The very definition of a clusterfug.

#14 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

HUDDLER

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:45 AM

Can't we all just get a lifeguard?

#15 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:12 AM

I don't see why everything has to be about race. There was recently a homeless white guy beaten to death by a Latino police officer and there weren't any riots or revenge attacks.

http://en.wikipedia....beating_victim)

It seems the rioters in LA in 1992 were upset with the cops being acquitted. Well, in a democratic society that happens. Most people believe OJ Simpson killed a white woman and a Jewish man. There was no riot when he was acquitted.

From what I've read about Rodney King he was a lifelong alcoholic who lived his life recklessly. That doesn't justify the cops beating him, but he's someone who I wouldn't waste time feeling sympathy for.

#16 Jangler

Jangler

oddly perched

HUDDLER

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:24 AM

can't we all just get some floaties?