Top 25 in NFCS

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,654 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:15 PM

Pat Y at the 4 letter is doing a projected top 25 for the 2012 season. Started today.

25. Colston.

#2 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,398 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:17 PM

over/under players for buccs - i say 3

#3 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,398 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:21 PM

cam, smitty, gamble, cj, stewart, gross, kalil, beason possibly olsen or j anderson from our team.

#4 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:23 PM

cam, smitty, gamble, cj, stewart, gross, kalil, beason possibly olsen or j anderson from our team.

Olsen, Gross, and Gamble are definitely off the list. He already stated notables who will not be on the list in an article over the weekend.

Link

In the first round of cuts, New Orleans safety Roman Harper, Atlanta kicker Matt Bryant, New Orleans punter, Thomas Morstead, Carolina tight end Greg Olsen, Tampa Bay left tackle Donald Penn, Atlanta cornerback Dunta Robinson, Tampa Bay cornerback Ronde Barber and Atlanta cornerback Asante Samuel came off the list.

Also not making the final cut were Atlanta tight end Tony Gonzalez, Carolina left tackle Jordan Gross and Atlanta defensive end John Abraham.

The final cut was Carolina cornerback Chris Gamble. That was a very difficult call because you can certainly make a case that Gamble belongs in the top 25. But he just missed out on this list.

Did not quote whole article. Just posted where Panther players was mentioned.

#5 panthers90

panthers90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:25 PM

If Stew is there, I think Deangelo will be too... a lot of writers try to get away with #a and #b for Stew and Deangelo

#6 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,264 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:31 PM

Gamble gets to respect. He is easily a top 25 player in the NFCS.

#7 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,398 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:36 PM

Gamble gets to respect. He is easily a top 25 player in the NFCS.

if gamble doesnt make the list, what cb does? the only other cb i can think of i think might be better is talib, but he isn't even a lock to play this year, or ever again for that matter. i guess we will see grimes on the list since his name wasn't mentioned, but come on grimes over gamble???

#8 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,264 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

I bet you he will put Asante Samuel on that list also. I thought I remember reading a while back on here that Gamble was a top 3 cornerback stat-wise this past season but I'm not positive.

#9 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,398 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

i dont even know why i waste my time or energy with player ranking lists much less be upset over them

#10 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:39 PM

gamble is by far the best cb in the NFCS. i'd even argue that last year he played as the second best corner in the NFC behind woodson.

#11 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,264 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:41 PM

This should be interesting nonetheless. Not that it means anything.

#12 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:49 PM

Cam, Smitty, CJ, Gamble, and Kalil should be locks. If no other Panther made the list, I wouldn't be all that upset, but those 5 should definitely be there.

#13 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,398 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:52 PM

Cam, Smitty, CJ, Gamble, and Kalil should be locks. If no other Panther made the list, I wouldn't be all that upset, but those 5 should definitely be there.

since gamble is already eliminated somehow, the other four are locks though.

#14 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:55 PM

Gamble should just take it as a compliment being snubbed from top 25 of NFCS. He is so good, opposing QBs don't want to give him a chance to make a name for himself. So "experts" overlook how good he is.

#15 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,794 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:58 PM

I bet you he will put Asante Samuel on that list also. I thought I remember reading a while back on here that Gamble was a top 3 cornerback stat-wise this past season but I'm not positive.

PFF posted a good article showing that opposing quarterbacks throwing at gamble had a passer rating of like 53.3 compared to 45.6 for darelle revis. basically gamble was no worse than 4th in any of the metrics they covered:

http://www.profootba...e-2011-numbers/

that's in the entire league. he had a nasty 2011 and it's criminal that he wouldn't be included.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com