Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cat

Creationism in Private Schools

227 posts in this topic

Ok, lets try this...

Are there any scientific theories (using your own definition of theory) that shouldn't be acknowledged in science class?

How many chances do you think the universe has had to do these things in the past, say, 5 billion years? Also, why do you think its easier means its right?

This is a great point when people start talking about "conditions on earth being perfect..."

There's an awful lot that can go right when you have 13,000,000,000 years for it to come together and there are an estimated 100,000,000,000 stars in our galaxy alone.

each school should have two science teachers. At the beginning of the school year, send a form home for the parents to sign, so that they can choose which class they are taught. Put the evolutionists in one class, an the creationists in the other. It isnt that difficult really.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/25/louisiana-students-loch-ness-monster-disprove-evolution_n_1624643.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

In 2012. In "The most advanced nation on Earth". Really. Mr. Scot this is why your comments are so disturbing to me. This is where your thinking leads our children (and our tax dollars to) in the real world. Where we are competing with other nations that would laugh at the idea of such stupidity being foisted upon their children.

each school should have two science teachers. At the beginning of the school year, send a form home for the parents to sign, so that they can choose which class they are taught. Put the evolutionists in one class, an the creationists in the other. It isnt that difficult really.

Maybe we can also have separate math classes, one for parents who think that kids should learn that 2+2=4 and another for parents that think that math leads to science and is therefore of the devil.

1 person likes this

Maybe we can also have separate math classes, one for parents who think that kids should learn that 2+2=4 and another for parents that think that math leads to science and is therefore of the devil.

I agree with you. Creationism can not be proven, and I think that it should be reserved for sunday-school... but, the religious right will never be able to be satisfied, so I think that it is the best way to solve the problem... without getting the religious peoples panties in a wad.

http://www.huffingto...ref=mostpopular

In 2012. In "The most advanced nation on Earth". Really. Mr. Scot this is why your comments are so disturbing to me. This is where your thinking leads our children (and our tax dollars to) in the real world. Where we are competing with other nations that would laugh at the idea of such stupidity being foisted upon their children.

Imagine that.....CWG posting another article from Huffington Post (the National Enquirer of the internet)

Thats the great thing about science, all ideas evolve and develop as new evidence is presented. For instance, we have learned much more about gravity since the days of Newton.

Who is to say that that EVOLUTION continues and that God is in fact real? None of us.

I accept that I don't know all of the answers.....something that those on here bashing religion refuse to do.

Just because you might not be able to comprehend it now does not make it invalid.

I am not argueing for or against religion....just that you "I can't touch or see it" reasoning could very well be flawed.

Did it ever occur to you that they go with the big bang, missing link, etc because that is where the observable, testable, verifiable, evidence leads?

Who is to say that the "Big Bang" was not the mechanism that God used to create life....or that the millions of evolution was his method.

We don't. Again, not arguing for or against it.....just that the anti-religion's arguements could very well be wrong.

This is a great point when people start talking about "conditions on earth being perfect..."

There's an awful lot that can go right when you have 13,000,000,000 years for it to come together and there are an estimated 100,000,000,000 stars in our galaxy alone.

You forgot the conditions having to be perfect for a completely random protein to be created. Not saying it can't happen as it obviously has..right? Start adding stuff up and 13,000,000,000 years start looking really small. Can it happen? Absolutely. Recreate it.