* * * * * 1 votes

Ben Gordon traded to Charlotte

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#106 Guest_herpes_*

Guest_herpes_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:27 AM

How am I stupid for not wanting another shitty 12 million dollars on the books for the next 2 years? The pick will be nice in 2015, yeah but this team needs help now.

Ben Gordon is a phenominal shooter in the prime of his career. Besides, the Cats have to spend that money to be above the league minimum.

#107 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:35 AM

its only like 2 mill for this yr since we dropped maggs in the deal, then 12 the next, we still drop tons of money off the books next yr. new CBA requires teams to spend a certain amount of money so not really that big of a deal. plus we gained an excellent shooter and a 1st rd pick. its a great trade anyway you look at it.

stephen jackson trade has now turned into biz, ben gordon and another 1st.

keep it coming CHO!

#108 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,626 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:43 AM

Cho is doing some f'ing work!!!

Been gone most the day and just saw this - AWESOME.

I love the trade in every way imaginable. In fact, I have no idea why Detroit did it, lol. BG can be a killer when his head is in it. That last year in CHI, he showed some of that but I don't know what happened in Detroit.

Regardless, this is nothing but good for us. Great deal 'Cats!

#109 Guest_herpes_*

Guest_herpes_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:44 AM

If we get Barnes, & if Barnes/Biyombo reach their full potential, missing out on Davis will be a blessing in disguise just like getting Cam was. Davis nor Biyombo have the frame to play center. A pair of shot blocking PFs won't get you very far. A scoring SF & shotblocking PF will.

#110 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,092 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:23 AM

In Rich Cho we believe.
Asian Pride motha fawker!!!!
Any Asian in this forum or am I the only Asian member?

#111 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,092 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:27 AM

Kemba Walker
Ben Gordon
Harrison Barnes
Bismack Biyombo
Cody Zeller

...best line-up in franchise history.

Anyone like Nerlens Noel or just me?
I think Zeller be gone before we can get him next year. We will be screw in the lottery draft next year again.

#112 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,626 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:34 AM

I still hope we can swing back into the lottery somehow after our first pick and get Tyler Zeller.

I still believe Mullens or Smack can become a C, most likely Smack, but Zeller would give us a great option at the 4 or 5 in our new uptempo offense.

#113 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,092 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:42 AM

I still hope we can swing back into the lottery somehow after our first pick and get Tyler Zeller.

I still believe Mullens or Smack can become a C, most likely Smack, but Zeller would give us a great option at the 4 or 5 in our new uptempo offense.

I'd rather not invest future picks and save it for next year draft. IMO there's better talents next year. More stars in next years, just high quality guys this year.

#114 Guest_herpes_*

Guest_herpes_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:58 AM

Anyone like Nerlens Noel or just me?
I think Zeller be gone before we can get him next year. We will be screw in the lottery draft next year again.

Noel, Shabazz, & Zeller are probably the top 3 picks next uyear. Zeller fits in better with Dunlap's uptempo offense. They'll probably all be gone before we pick, though.

#115 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:59 AM

Noel, Shabazz, JMM, and Zeller will be fighting for the 1st pick next year.

#116 Guest_herpes_*

Guest_herpes_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:35 AM

Noel, Shabazz, JMM, and Zeller will be fighting for the 1st pick next year.

If we draft Barnes this year & are lucky enough to draft any one of those 4 next year I may have a stroke. Just think of how much our starting lineup would change between now & next summer.

Kemba
Gordon
Barnes
McAdoo
Biyombo

I'm not a UNC fan at all but the Barnes/McAdoo is the most exciting to me. Barnes/McAdoo/Biyombo could potentially be a very NASTY frontcourt. If they all live up to the hype we have a damn good team.

Kemba running the point with the ability to score, Gordon outside stretching the D with his jumpshot, Barnes avg 25ppg, McAdoo scoring/rebounding/making hustle plays, & Biyombo blocking everything in sight.

#117 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,092 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:45 AM

If we draft Barnes this year & are lucky enough to draft any one of those 4 next year I may have a stroke. Just think of how much our starting lineup would change between now & next summer.

Kemba
Gordon
Barnes
McAdoo
Biyombo

I'm not a UNC fan at all but the Barnes/McAdoo is the most exciting to me. Barnes/McAdoo/Biyombo could potentially be a very NASTY frontcourt. If they all live up to the hype we have a damn good team.

Kemba running the point with the ability to score, Gordon outside stretching the D with his jumpshot, Barnes avg 25ppg, McAdoo scoring/rebounding/making hustle plays, & Biyombo blocking everything in sight.

I really want to know how good McAdoo is. Im a fan of all Carolina teams. I keep up with UNC as much as Duke, prob even a bit more than Duke. But I tried to figure out how good McAdoo really is and I just can't. It's probably just bc he didn't get much PT last season that I didnt get to see him showcase his talent or what. But how could a dude who really hasn't prove he's a star in CBB being projected that high for next year already. Every where I look McAdoo is projected as a high draft prospect. Anyone who knows more of him, please educate me on the kid.

#118 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,092 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:52 AM

Noel, Shabazz, & Zeller are probably the top 3 picks next uyear. Zeller fits in better with Dunlap's uptempo offense. They'll probably all be gone before we pick, though.

You think we're not picking top three?
I hope not. We really need that top three pick next year if we want a bright future.

And are the Nets really guaranteed to have the first pick already next year???? Anyone?????

#119 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,329 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:01 AM

I really want to know how good McAdoo is. Im a fan of all Carolina teams. I keep up with UNC as much as Duke, prob even a bit more than Duke. But I tried to figure out how good McAdoo really is and I just can't. It's probably just bc he didn't get much PT last season that I didnt get to see him showcase his talent or what. But how could a dude who really hasn't prove he's a star in CBB being projected that high for next year already. Every where I look McAdoo is projected as a high draft prospect. Anyone who knows more of him, please educate me on the kid.

His athleticism and potential, if he would've gone this year, he would've been a higher rated prospect then Barnes. He's really athletic, has nice size and started to show his potential in the tourney. The NBA draft is all about potential and that's why he's a high rated prospect.

#120 Guest_herpes_*

Guest_herpes_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:10 AM

Because coming out of high school McAdoo was one of the top 3-5 NBA prospects. Last summer he took it to Anthony Davis in the summer leagues. He has already has an NBA body to go along with a very high skill set, crazy athleticism, & a high motor. Not to mention his pedigree. It took him a while to transition to the college game & he had limited playing time. However, IMO the last month or so of the season McAdoo was the best college player not named Anthony Davis. Roy did a good job hiding him. He was the best player on the team & would've been a top 5 pick this year.

UNC will be his team this season so we'll see if he is the real deal. I wouldn't be suprised to see him win NPOY & go #1. He is an absolute beast. Next year will tell it all for him.

Duke fans are very high on him & scared of him; that should tell a lot. They don't generally say a UNC guy has skill. They admit he is an elite talent & poke that Roy intentionally hid him on the bench to keep him around.

Try to find videos online from the ACC/NCAA tourney or the last few weeks of the regular season. It finally clicked for him, Roy increased his PT when Henson went down, & McAdoo EXPLODED.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users