Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darth Biscuit

Huddle Workout Warriors

3,986 posts in this topic

I told Joscott not to try this one...

pzc0wa9.gif?w=204&h=305

1 person likes this

What the hell is he trying to do?  Use one weight as an anchor because the weight he is going to pull is so heavy?  Doing some weird, dual arm lift?  And secondly, how did not everyone n the gym stop and stare?

I think yes... he's trying to anchor himself with the weight and do some kind of pull... dumbass...

lol, that's not actually Joscott I just like fuging with him...

Haha.  Yeah.  I figured it wasn't actually anyone that posts in here.  It's amazing how all these cameras are set up perfectly.

1 person likes this

Went a little overboard with the diet last night.

Celebrated the opening of LKN Brewing Company last night at their taproom.  Two beers.

Ate at McCormick and Shmick's in Charlotte and drank more.  Two Kentucky Smashes, and an Irish Coffee with a sidecar of Jameson.  Had stuff salmon, but still . . .

Now I'm having a Dunkin' Donuts coffee to get my body moving today.

I'm gonna scale back my diet this week to balance that out.  Feel like poo right now [mentally and physically].

Im not looking to be hulk but anybody got any idea how to beat the boredom of a work out?

Im in a rut of only cardio 2 or 3 days a week. Haven't played any sports since Nov.

Maybe since its getting warmer I can ride my bike at hit the whitewater center.

Just need some ideas.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Im not looking to be hulk but anybody got any idea how to beat the boredom of a work out?

Im in a rut of only cardio 2 or 3 days a week. Haven't played any sports since Nov.

Maybe since its getting warmer I can ride my bike at hit the whitewater center.

Just need some ideas.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Lifting won't make you huge unless you're diet matches that effort.  If you want to pack on muscle you have to eat 500ish more calories than you consume. Lifting might be a good way to break up the monotony of your cardio efforts. What is your workout environment? Home equipment, gym, or outdoor running? 

Sometimes home, sometimes gym. I have chin up bar at home and dumb bells and medicine ball.

i prefer to be lean and defined over bulk. being flexible and mobile is what i like.

Bulk comes from eating and effort. Lean comes from less eating. If you're bored, (cardio bores the hell out of me) go to the gym and watch tv while you run, elliptical, bike, whatever. If you're going for it outdoors, try an intellectual pod cast or a book on tape to occupy your mind. 

1 person likes this

I bought a new pair of running shoes and it made a world of difference. I found a store that measures the angle of your pronation or subpronation and recommends a shoe based on how your feet land. I put 4.5 miles on them this morning and it helped a lot. 

after playing soccer for like 12 straight years running just to run just has zero appeal to me. i would rather play a full game of soccer and not think about how far i have ran.

I hate running, but I want to do a 10k so training is a necessity.