3,924 posts in this topic

Posted

anyway. after the 2-4 counts the other night, i'm way too fuging sore to work out. gonna keep at those for a month at least.

Which lifts are you doing those on?

They do that on stuff when I take that Body Pump class with my wife.

Posted

I'm doing it on all my lifts, curls, pulldowns, pushups, everything.

I spent the last month doing resistance aerobics.

Posted

That would be a good change of pace for me... I may run a week or two with that.

Posted

i did not expect to be this sore 3 months into my regimen, that's for sure. gonna have to do interval training skipping rope today instead of lifting.

Posted

hit my 90 day mark, doing supersets now, still going strong!

do yall even lift bro?

Posted

hit my 90 day mark, doing supersets now, still going strong!

do yall even lift bro?

lol

Not this week. Taking the week off to try and get my elbow straight. It gave me a fit all last week... I was aggravating it at work and at the gym...

So I'm doing an all aerobic week this week.

Otherwise I've been sticking with it, gym 5 days a week and basketball on Thursday.

Posted

So, I'm starting a bastard version of CrossFit tomorrow. I call it a bastard version because my school's gym doesn't have too much nice equipment, so it's mostly improvised/substituted workouts, but follows (loosely) the CrossFit model. I am nervous as hell about it because the guy I am working with is in crazy shape, and I have a tendency to try to keep up with whoever it is I am working with and getting frustrated if they are ahead of me (and he is). Basically, I sense a lot of frustration in this workout, at least for this first week. I feel like my body will bounce back pretty well in the following weeks, since I've maintained some sense of athleticism, and I get enough of a pump that I think muscle memory will kick in pretty quickly and I'll climb back up to where I was a year ago. I just want to lose this looseness in my core and tighten back up everywhere else. I hate feeling like I'm jiggling as I walk. No bueno.

Posted

get pumped!

Posted

now i'm skipping rope for 30 seconds followed by 20 pushups or 40 bicyle crunches or a jog around the yard followed by a 30 second rests for 20 minutes a day.

Posted

I took the last two weeks off from lifting to try and get my elbow feeling better. My plan is to start back lifting today... we'll see how it goes.

Posted

i can't wait until i earn my first off day, instead of just taking one. i'm getting there :D

558875_146960692143710_1261426821_n.jpg

529429_146958432143936_1623908710_n.jpg

44808_146955345477578_1982675898_n.jpg

532795_146954845477628_1780760947_n.jpg

#MOTIVATE!

Posted

Joining a real live gym tonight for the first time since my son was born.

It's going to be awesome to be able to do real squats and deadlifts.

Also pretty concerned because everyone at this gym seems really serious... and really ripped. Going to be self-conscious of form, esp considering I'll be going way lighter than almost everyone there.