Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gay marriage

169 posts in this topic

Posted

what do you think agree or not.

i think this is a huge problem waiting to exsplode as soon as the U.S. is in a good place the president will have to bring it up.

for me i dont think gay marriage is right

Posted

Not sure why anyone is against it.

Posted

My neighbors had their son in from San Francisco this past week. He was here visiting with his husband. They were married out there last year. Couple of great guys. I am a conservative on many issues, but gay marriage and a women's right to choose are fine with me. Government needs to stay out of personal decisions like these imo. Fix my roads, protect my family from terrorists, and regulate the greedy bastards on Wall Street. Stay out of my personal decisions.

FYI- The whole Prop 8 vote out there does not effect my friends marriage. However, my friends neighbors in San Fran had signs up praising the vote just to offend them.

Posted

Not sure why anyone is against it.

culture and religon for most people.

most religons are not for it.

but culture is a big factor to. a study showed like 70% of black people are not for gay marrige.

Posted

I don't have a problem with it.

Posted

If they are not part of your culture or your religion why get involved? Unless of course, you just want to push your completely arbitrary moral code on others....

Posted

As long as they're not imposing their ideals (as in forcing you to marry with someone of the same sex) on me or anyone else then I don't have a problem with it.

Posted

culture and religon for most people.

most religons are not for it.

What does that have to do with government?

Posted

I don't understand how anyone could be against 2 people who love each other, being able to get married. I'm baffled

Posted

government made a mistake by getting involved in marriage in the first place...

Posted

I don't understand how anyone could be against 2 people who love each other, being able to get married. I'm baffled

this

Posted

It's honestly up to the states IMO.

What people do, so long as it isn't affecting my family, is there business.

I do not consider it OK persay, but it's not the governments job to regulate who can and can't get married.

Honestly the best argument against it involved forgein people getting "fake" gay marriages to get greencards for their friends.