Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,877 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:06 AM

http://www.nfl.com/n...or-2013-top-100

Luke Kuechly, LB, Carolina Panthers
Kuechly is one of the most decorated and productive linebackers in college football history, excelling in all aspects of the game. He is very quick to key, flow and fill against the run. He uses his hands well to get off blocks and is a solid, chest-up tackler. Against the pass, he is an explosive blitzer and has outstanding instincts and ball skills in coverage. Kuechly is going to stuff the stat sheet in 2012 and will have a very good shot at making the "Top 100" next year.

I've never seen must footage on Kueckly to name him an explosive blitzer. If this is true, it bodes well for us. He can blitz when not being a tackling machine. His football IQ is great according to pundits and Beason himself. I can't wait to see what he does on the field for sure. If he can intercept QB's and Blitz effectively besides being a tackling machine this year, he could be a candidate for Defensive Rookie of the Year.

Found interesting that they also have two other NFC south rookies that play for the same team. Doug Martin and Mark Barron.

#2 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,830 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:52 AM

The Panthers did have him blitzing at the open practice but it was very light contact at half speed.

#3 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:54 AM

Kuechly's got DROY, no doubt in my mind.

#4 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:07 AM

Look for Kuechly to light up opposing offenses next season.

#5 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,597 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:41 AM

10 of the 12 DRoYs since 2000 have been linebackers. the ones that weren't were peppers and suh, two insane instant impact d-line freaks.

i know it's early and all but it almost seems like the award is kuechly's to lose.

#6 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,490 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:20 AM

I'd be fuggin pumped if he played that well. However, IMO we need all five of these guys to make an Instant impact or we miss the playoffs:

Silatolu
Kuech's
Norman
Adams
Alexander

#7 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,832 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:54 AM

I'd be fuggin pumped if he played that well. However, IMO we need all five of these guys to make an Instant impact or we miss the playoffs:

Silatolu
Kuech's
Norman
Adams
Alexander

And Nortman!

#8 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,830 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:04 AM

Yes I think I will be quite pissed if our drafted punter gets cut.

#9 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:26 AM

Silatolu
Kuech's
Norman
Adams
Alexander

I disagree. Alexander is going to be rotational, so any impact he has is going to be a bonus. Adams just has to field the punts and not fumble, and we still make the playoffs. If Silatolu plays like a rookie, we put Pollak in and still make the playoffs. Also, even if Kuechly doesn't make an immediate impact, we have 3 other starting caliber LBs in Davis, Beason and Anderson.

Really the only person on that list who needs to make an immediate impact for us to make a run at the playoffs, is Josh Norman in my opinion.

#10 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,763 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:58 AM

I firmly believe this draft will go down as the best draft in franchise history, not counting Cam of course.

#11 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,950 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:02 PM

Silatolu
Kuech's
Norman
Adams
Alexander

I think we can make the playoffs if only Luke, Silatolu, and someone on the DL not named CJ steps up.

#12 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,120 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:32 PM

I firmly believe this draft will go down as the best draft in franchise history, not counting Cam of course.

Meh I think we say that every year. Time will tell I guess.

#13 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,763 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:33 PM

Norman is tearing it up, Kuechly looks like an all pro in the making, Silatolu is nasty, Nortman is a punter, Adams can field punts without dropping them, Alexander looks at least rotational

#14 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,304 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:34 PM

no we don't.

last year just cam by himself may have caused that statement to be said a few times and it's understandable.

those years we didn't have a 1st round i'm pretty sure we weren't saying that at all.

#15 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:40 PM

Norman is tearing it up, Kuechly looks like an all pro in the making, Silatolu is nasty, Nortman is a punter, Adams can field punts without dropping them, Alexander looks at least rotational

They haven't even put on pads yet.

This seems to be the earliest anyone has ever had any judgement or opinions about rookies. I think the public practice has fans getting a bit over excited. Not that there is any harm in that. I've just never seen attempts at grading a draft so early before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com