Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Every season we are wrong

56 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

silatolu having an outstanding rookie season is essential.

If Silatolu doesn't play well, we still have depth at that position.

Posted · Report post

not far fetch by any means, Im concerned about our line at the moment. You dont just swap out a badass G with a rookie. Those are giants were talking about. I hope they bring the rookie along fast, I have a feeling they are going to be asking that young gun to do all sorts of creative things once he gets his feet wet. They say he runs well for a big man. . . and im not going to jinx the RT thing so Im not saying poo about that.

Safety is still my biggest concern.

Wharton has not been a badass G for quite a few years. Now, starting a rookie does have its risks. But, Wharton had not been rated high statistically for several years.

Posted · Report post

If Silatolu doesn't play well, we still have depth at that position.

Just the law of averages says either Gross or Kalil (or both) will go down this year. We're not prepared for that. Hangartner can play center better than he can play RG, but he's no Kalil by any means. Kalil manhandles everyone within arm's reach. Hangartner doesn't.

Wharton was dependable enough to step into the LT spot. But if one or both guard positions get shaken up, I don't think our depth is good enough to mask a rookie who doesn't pan out.

Hopefully I'm wrong on everything.

Posted · Report post

Just the law of averages says either Gross or Kalil (or both) will go down this year. We're not prepared for that. Hangartner can play center better than he can play RG, but he's no Kalil by any means. Kalil manhandles everyone within arm's reach. Hangartner doesn't.

Wharton was dependable enough to step into the LT spot. But if one or both guard positions get shaken up, I don't think our depth is good enough to mask a rookie who doesn't pan out.

Hopefully I'm wrong on everything.

I think that most Offensive Lines are in the same situation. Most are not equipped to handle the loss of All Pro's at these critical positions.

Posted · Report post

The thing about a surprise is that it's a surprise, we won't know till it happens. Looking at what we have, my most concerned position is #2 CB. I think that teams will immediately come out passing against our #2 CB to set up the run, then they'll just pass the rest of the game. A little over the top I know but I just don't have a lot of confidence in Cap at #2 CB.

Posted · Report post

I think that most Offensive Lines are in the same situation. Most are not equipped to handle the loss of All Pro's at these critical positions.

I was saying I think we can replace the all pros, depending if the rookie guard pans out.

if he doesn't, we'll be signing a bunch of guys who were bagging groceries the week before

Posted · Report post

I think the surprise will be our d-line plays better, but our passing game dips in production

aka regression to the mean

Posted · Report post

Our passing attack has plenty of room to grow. Believe it or not our passing attack was only like 12th in the league. It was our rushing attack that was 3rd.

Posted · Report post

I hope we get blindsided by how well our DT's perform.

A lot of folks have no faith in them, and I hope those folks are wrong.

Posted · Report post

Wharton has not been a badass G for quite a few years. Now, starting a rookie does have its risks. But, Wharton had not been rated high statistically for several years.

He was well above avg to my naked eyeball as far protection goes and he was better than that for the run. You cant tell me Kalil was responsible for blowin holes open by himself between the T's right? Replace a full grown man that his one of the top in his field (top 32 at least) with a kid and youre going to have problems. Wharton could play LT, he wasnt awesome at it but he was servicable. To me, Hatter, thats badass, that requires a lot of skill.

Posted · Report post

I hope we get blindsided by how well our DT's perform.

A lot of folks have no faith in them, and I hope those folks are wrong.

I think that could be a surprise as well.....DTs are kinda like Mare. Nowhere to go but up

Posted · Report post

I think we're going to be pleasantly surprised by the return game. Not sure where the blindside comes from.