#16 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,968 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

Just the law of averages says either Gross or Kalil (or both) will go down this year. We're not prepared for that. Hangartner can play center better than he can play RG, but he's no Kalil by any means. Kalil manhandles everyone within arm's reach. Hangartner doesn't.
Wharton was dependable enough to step into the LT spot. But if one or both guard positions get shaken up, I don't think our depth is good enough to mask a rookie who doesn't pan out.

Hopefully I'm wrong on everything.

I think that most Offensive Lines are in the same situation. Most are not equipped to handle the loss of All Pro's at these critical positions.

#17 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:26 PM

The thing about a surprise is that it's a surprise, we won't know till it happens. Looking at what we have, my most concerned position is #2 CB. I think that teams will immediately come out passing against our #2 CB to set up the run, then they'll just pass the rest of the game. A little over the top I know but I just don't have a lot of confidence in Cap at #2 CB.

#18 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,808 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:28 PM

I think that most Offensive Lines are in the same situation. Most are not equipped to handle the loss of All Pro's at these critical positions.

I was saying I think we can replace the all pros, depending if the rookie guard pans out.

if he doesn't, we'll be signing a bunch of guys who were bagging groceries the week before

#19 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,897 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:28 PM

I think the surprise will be our d-line plays better, but our passing game dips in production

aka regression to the mean

#20 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,206 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

Our passing attack has plenty of room to grow. Believe it or not our passing attack was only like 12th in the league. It was our rushing attack that was 3rd.

#21 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:06 PM

I hope we get blindsided by how well our DT's perform.
A lot of folks have no faith in them, and I hope those folks are wrong.

#22 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:14 PM

Wharton has not been a badass G for quite a few years. Now, starting a rookie does have its risks. But, Wharton had not been rated high statistically for several years.

He was well above avg to my naked eyeball as far protection goes and he was better than that for the run. You cant tell me Kalil was responsible for blowin holes open by himself between the T's right? Replace a full grown man that his one of the top in his field (top 32 at least) with a kid and youre going to have problems. Wharton could play LT, he wasnt awesome at it but he was servicable. To me, Hatter, thats badass, that requires a lot of skill.

#23 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,392 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:14 PM

I hope we get blindsided by how well our DT's perform.
A lot of folks have no faith in them, and I hope those folks are wrong.

I think that could be a surprise as well.....DTs are kinda like Mare. Nowhere to go but up

#24 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:29 PM

I think we're going to be pleasantly surprised by the return game. Not sure where the blindside comes from.

#25 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:49 PM

Mare also is in position to shock....

He might be the most hated Panther at the moment. He has a resume saying he isn't the poo he displayed last year

Almost half his career (7 of 15 years) he has been below 80%. last year being his best of those 7. I disagree about his resume. It says he has a 50-50 shot at being exactly what he was last year.

#26 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:53 PM

The Mare signing, to me, was more about sending Kasay off to make room for new leadership and not so much his leg. Im bullshittin around here but I have to beleive that you wouldnt cut a kicker whos money inside the 40 for a guy who's just plain inconsistent and always has been. There's literally no worse trait in a kicker I can think of. At least let me have a good idea if he's gonna make or not from a certain distance. Fug he was aweful.

#27 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,206 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:18 PM

Kasay never had a season as bad as Mare's last year. Never. Kasay would lose a game for us every 2 or 3 years. Mare was instrumental in 3 losses last season.

#28 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,682 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:25 PM

Mare should have been run out of town never to be seen again after that minnesota game.

#29 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,392 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:25 PM

Almost half his career (7 of 15 years) he has been below 80%. last year being his best of those 7. I disagree about his resume. It says he has a 50-50 shot at being exactly what he was last year.

He has kicked 81% in a 15 yr career.....Kasay is also at 81% over his career. We got him from Seattle where he kicked 88% with that franchise.

#30 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,968 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:39 PM

He was well above avg to my naked eyeball as far protection goes and he was better than that for the run. You cant tell me Kalil was responsible for blowin holes open by himself between the T's right? Replace a full grown man that his one of the top in his field (top 32 at least) with a kid and youre going to have problems. Wharton could play LT, he wasnt awesome at it but he was servicable. To me, Hatter, thats badass, that requires a lot of skill.

Don't get me wrong. Wharton was a very solid player. And replacing that with a rookie is a risk. Wharton'scanility tovslidebput to tackle made him more valuable. However, he was far from an elite guard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com