Photo
- - - - -

Cats making hard run at Goran Dragic, submit offer!

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#16 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,284 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:11 PM

Yahoo sports reports that Dragic and Higgins spoke tonight.

I expect them to flat out offer more money than the Suns and Raptors and will most likely sign Dragic tomorrow and Jamison Friday.

#17 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,183 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:11 PM

It certainly would be exciting and the biggest FA acquisition in our history, but I'm weary of Dragic. He has always flashed brilliance but ever displayed it consistently, and I just don't think that's worth 8-10 mil a year.

#18 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,284 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

if at 10mil wonder what amount of yrs, if its only 2 or 3. im more for it becuase if he fails out we can get out and not be too stuck with that contract. i like him as a player though, havnt seen too much of him, cpanthers 8789 how would you compare his defense? i know his offense and passing just never watched him enough on d.

Have no idea about his defense, you'll have to ask God.

I have only seen Dragic a few times but from what I hear; he is an overall solid player.

#19 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 16,183 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

I'm also kind of bummed that we aren't giving Kemba the chance to start out right next year.

#20 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,284 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:16 PM

I'm also kind of bummed that we aren't giving Kemba the chance to start out right next year.

Kemba could learn from a guy like Dragic though, as where in my opinion; Kemba is clearly a better point guard than Augustin and really has nothing to learn there.

Dragic has a lot of intensity and is a great leader from what I can tell. That is something that neither Augustin or Kemba possess or greatly possess right now.

#21 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 16,183 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:18 PM

And it appears we are the frontrunners:

Marc J. Spears: Bobcats making hard run at HOU free agent G Goran Dragic, source tells Y! Dragic spoke to CHA exec Rod Higgins tonight. Hou,PHX still in mix Twitter

Pair that with the fact that the Rockets are meeting with Jeremy Lin and that the Suns have signed Beasley and Gordon and it sounds like we're going to win out on the Dragic sweepstakes.

Again, I have my reservations, but I'd be excited about the potential. This also probably guarantees another 1st round pick coming in because we'll most likely be trading DJ or Hendo.

#22 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,284 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:19 PM

And it appears we are the frontrunners:

Pair that with the fact that the Rockets are meeting with Jeremy Lin and that the Suns have signed Beasley and Gordon and it sounds like we're going to win out on the Dragic sweepstakes.

Again, I have my reservations, but I'd be excited about the potential. This also probably guarantees another 1st round pick coming in because we'll most likely be trading DJ or Hendo.

If we sign Dragic, someone will probably submit an offer sheet to Augustin; because they know we won't match it.

Probably no first round pick out of it.

#23 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,284 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:22 PM

Another thing that is really intriguing about Dragic is his amazing speed. He seems to have the same amount of speed as Walker. It looks like Dunlap is trying to get two point guards in the system that kind of play the same way, so the Cats can just play one way with both point guards instead of trying to alternate between systems.

#24 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:27 PM

can Kemba play the 2 at all? I could see him as a Jason Terry 6th man type player for sure.

#25 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,284 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:27 PM

Great video of Dragic, he looks like a real stud

#26 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,284 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:29 PM

can Kemba play the 2 at all? I could see him as a Jason Terry 6th man type player for sure.

If he could find his shot, then probably. He is quick enough that I don't think his overall size will effect him that much on defense.

I could see Dragic and Walker being out on the court at the same time, but remember the Cats also have Henderson, Gordon, Williams, and Carroll at the two.

#27 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 16,183 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:31 PM

This is what I'll always remember him for:

#28 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:32 PM

if Higgins/Cho get this done this will be easily the best offseason for the Cats. Goran pretty much almost carried the Rockets into the playoffs last season.

#29 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,284 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:33 PM

One this is for sure, a Dragic-Walker combo is a hell of a lot better than an Augustin-Walker combo.

#30 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,284 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:38 PM

Let's sign Dragic and Jamison and call it an off-season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users