29 replies to this topic

#1 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 25,016 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:45 PM

Had a media screening and it seems to be a huge hit.

A critic screening that took place on Friday, July 6 ended with a standing ovation.  Marc Genuso tweeted, "If this does not break the mold and win Best Picture, no comic book movie ever will."  Could this be even better then The Dark Knight?

Tom McAuliffe, in a series of tweets, said "Just finished the screening of Dark Knight Rises...so much awesome...can't wait to see it again. And again. 9 out of 10 for me. I'd put Amazing Spider-Man at a 7.5 and Avengers at an 8.5...The trilogy is greater than the sum of its parts, and for me the 3rd was the very best part of the whole story. Dark knight is a classic in its own right - it stands alone, but in this trilogy, and as a closer, this film exceeds. It's an ending that presents opportunity for thought for sure. Risky/tough story well told, brilliantly acted, great cinematography, awesome score...To your original question - there are things I criticize in every film, but this one measures high on many measures. There will be some surprises but not big ones, the beauty of the film is how well it tells the story...Tom Hardy was incredible as Bane, the storyline was fantastic. I think the Joker is far more iconic than Bane, with more memorable quotes, but this story was great, including Bane's origin...this film was the perfect final chapter in the trilogy."

http://www.getthebig...t-its-good.html

Cant wait till this comes out.

#2 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,718 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:00 AM

If It's better than Avengers It's doing something.

#3 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 8,130 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:32 AM

The avengers wasn't even good imo so that doesn't mean much.

I believe in Nolan though so I'm definately hyped for this as always.

#4 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,055 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:46 AM

I don't really think of these movies as Comic movies anymore. They have a different feel, that's why I put stuff like Avengers and whatnot in another class.

#5 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,718 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:56 AM

The avengers wasn't even good imo so that doesn't mean much.

I believe in Nolan though so I'm definately hyped for this as always.

Yep, that's your opinion... the Avengers was excellent imo and a lot of others... Probably the best "comic book" movie yet... which is why it's made eleventy billion dollars.

#6 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:11 PM

Using the box office metric, yes it the greatest comic book movie ever made.

I don't focus on numbers personally.

#7 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,326 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:21 PM

Yep, that's your opinion... the Avengers was excellent imo and a lot of others... Probably the best "comic book" movie yet... which is why it's made eleventy billion dollars.

Yeah I thought the Avengers was great, but not as good as TDK. I think TDKR will top both, and will make more money than the Avengers as well. Either way, can't wait for this to come out.

#8 weymouthst

weymouthst

#1 zero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

I feel like TDK will have made more money than TDKR, but I think that will be due to Heath Ledger, the viral media campaign, and the Joker being the villain.

I do believe that TDKR will be just as good, if not better though. Very excited.

#9 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,014 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

A friend of mine saw it (I blocked him from all communication til next Friday).

#10 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,538 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:48 PM

DKR is 2 hrs and 45 mins. mama. Dark Knight was about that long as well.

#11 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:08 PM

Idk what i'm gonna do with this Perma-boner all next week :(

#12 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:31 PM

So many exciting things happening this month!

Spider-man, TDKR, Walking Dead marathon, and BREAKING BAD SEASON 5 PREMEIRE!!!!

#13 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,014 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:30 PM

Okay, so I saw it yesterday. I wanted to give it a night to think about what I had just witnessed before I posted. I will not spoil anything for anyone, even if you are a sucker like me that needs to be spoiled. Absolutely do not visit any forums about this movie until you have seen the masterpiece Nolan has created.

Granted, some people have clearly not seen the movie and are looking for attention on the IMDB forums, so a lot of 'spoilers' are fake. But please do yourself a favor and block any kind of information about this movie until you have viewed it.

If you are trying to make up the plot of the movie on your own before seeing it, I will say ONE thing in spoiler tags below that isn't even close to a spoiler. That is how much I am condoning no spoilers for what is easily the best movie trilogy ever.

Spoiler

Also, I am going back on Friday for the trilogy marathon at Phillips Place if anyone else grabbed a ticket.

#14 toldozer

toldozer

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

Someone ruined the ending for me, I think, and I'm pissed. I've never read the comics so I didn't know!!!!!!

#15 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,014 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

Someone ruined the ending for me, I think, and I'm pissed. I've never read the comics so I didn't know!!!!!!

I have read about 30 different 'endings' on forums that are completely untrue. Go in to the movie and think that you know nothing about what happens, seriously. Also, re-watch BB and TDK before you see TDKR if you need to brush up. It will help bring the trilogy full-circle.

I look forward to having a great discussion about this movie with all of the fanboys (just like with Inception) once it is out worldwide. Until then, I will say nothing and I hope you guys don't go for spoilers. And if you do go for spoilers, there is a good chance you are getting incorrect info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com