#121 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,501 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:29 PM

the CFA VP of PR died of a heart attack today. you know there will be tons of high fives going on over that. not publicy at least.

A cautionary tale, and best reason for not eating fried chicken too often, even without a pickle.

#122 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,980 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:39 AM

http://www.nbcchicag...-163874546.html

Rahm Emanual says that Chick Fil A does not reflect "Chicago Values". I will keep that in mind

#123 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,796 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:36 PM

Posted Image

It's been fun reading my friends on fb get all riled up in their support for Chickfila, especially all the ones that are avid fornicators and adulterers.

#124 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,402 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:06 PM

Today on S. Blvd the line of cars trying to get into chik fila was so long it was causing backups. I wondered wtf and then I read that today is national "go eat at chick fila if you are against gay marriage" day. Pretty sad, really.

#125 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,980 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:56 PM

Was there for over two hours waiting for my food with my fellow black and white bigots

#126 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,101 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:58 PM

Today on S. Blvd the line of cars trying to get into chik fila was so long it was causing backups. I wondered wtf and then I read that today is national "go eat at chick fila if you are against gay marriage" day. Pretty sad, really.

Actually I think it went something along the lines of "eat at chic fil a if you support the first amendment right to free speech and freedom of religion". :)

Fwiw, it all seems silly to me. The firestorm over his comments, the support chic fil a day, and the plan friday to have a same sex kiss in Chic fil a.

#127 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,796 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:11 PM

Maybe for some people. With regards to people I know, it seems all the people i know who support homosexual rights isn't going there today and everyone I know that doesn't like the gays is going and freaking out about it.

Everyone has a right to be a bigot.

Funny thing is all my fb buddies that keep posting in support of Chickfila seem to be the same ones that were freakin out about a Mosque being built in NY near the WTC site.

#128 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,446 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:13 PM

Maybe for some people. With regards to people I know, it seems all the people i know who support homosexual rights isn't going there today and everyone I know that doesn't like the gays is going freaking out about it.

I guess the part that is funny/sad/whatever to me is like Cat posted... all the other stuff in the bible that gets ignored... don't eat pork, stone adulterers, etc.... but let's get those GAYs.

#129 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,101 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:19 PM

There are people on both sides of this issue who are obstinately or intolerantly devoted to their own opinions or intolerances, ie bigots.

#130 cantrell

cantrell

secular progressive bogeyman

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

wow davidsondeac you are really committed to this idea that those damned liberals are intolerant of intolerance, therefore they are truly bigoted

#131 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,537 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

"The Chick-fil-A story confirms certain long term and scary tendencies on Left and Right. Among cultural conservatives, there is growing paranoia that they are being driven out of the public sphere. Although the anxiety is often misplaced (the traditional family will survive a sparsely-attended kiss-in at a chicken restaurant) it is validated by the growing authoritarianism of the Left. Someone should explain to Rahm Emanuel that gay rights was supposed to be about guaranteeing privacy, abolishing legal discrimination and defending the dignity of the individual against the prejudice of the mob. It wasn’t supposed to be about creating a new standard of acceptable opinion and enforcing it with the muscle of the state. Liberalism without a profound respect for difference is just fascism by another name."

#132 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,796 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

There are people on both sides of this issue who are obstinately or intolerantly devoted to their own opinions or intolerances, ie bigots.

When did i suggest otherwise?

#133 cantrell

cantrell

secular progressive bogeyman

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:25 PM

being shamed for your dumb, bigoted views isn't fascism

#134 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,101 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:27 PM

When did i suggest otherwise?

Just making sure. :)

#135 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

SUCK DICK FOR CEDRIC

• HUDDLER
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:28 PM

imagine my shock that the number one issue in america right now is about fast food and jesus

we are so fuged

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com