Photo
- - - - -

So when will the Mormon-card be played?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#31 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:12 PM

I have a very hard time believing 14% of Americans think Bush planned 9-11, wtf.

There aren't a lot of great public numbers on the partisan breakdown of adherents to that conspiracy theory, but the University of Ohio yesterday shared with us the crosstabs of a 2006 poll they did with Scripps Howard that's useful in that regard.
"How likely is it that people in the federal government either assisted in the 9/11 attacks or took no action to stop the attacks because they wanted the United States to go to war in the Middle East?" the poll asked.
A full 22.6% of Democrats said it was "very likely." Another 28.2% called it "somewhat likely."
That is: More than half of Democrats, according to a neutral survey, said they believed Bush was complicit in the 9/11 terror attacks.
I'm still not sure this represents actual belief, as opposed to a kind of trash talk about a president you hate. (Bush wasn't mentioned in that survey question, but had been earlier in the poll.)
It does, though, offer a bit of context to the suggestions on the left that mass insanity has beset the GOP.

http://www.politico...._Bush_knew.html

Not specifically blaming Bush, but there is another poll done by the NYTimes/CBS News poll from around the same time that claims that 85% of those polled believe that there is some sort of cover up.

According to the new New York Times/CBS News poll, only 16% of Americans think the government is telling the truth about 9/11 and the intelligence prior to the attacks:

"Do you think members of the Bush Administration are telling the truth, are mostly telling the truth but hiding something, or are they mostly lying?
Telling the truth 16%
Hiding something 53%
Mostly lying 28%
Not sure 3%"

#32 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

HUDDLER

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:15 PM

Link to info on a lot of polls about 9/11.

http://en.wikipedia....1_opinion_polls

#33 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

HUDDLER

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:16 PM

The CBS poll quoted in my previous post was the one from 2006 listed on that Wiki page.

#34 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

HUDDLER

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:19 PM

The point of all this being - those of you who believe that the government is telling us the complete truth about all of this are in the minority by a fairly large percentage.

#35 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:49 PM

Sorry, but anecdotally I know a lot of Democratic voters, and none of them have ever mentioned this kind of idea to me.

#36 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

HUDDLER

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:50 PM

Ohh, well it must be false then.

edit: I'm actually not sure what you are referring too, so......perhaps never mind?

#37 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:01 PM

I have a very hard time believing 14% of Americans think Bush planned 9-11, wtf.

The actual wording I think was planned or had advance knowledge of it.

#38 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

HUDDLER

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:03 PM

The actual wording I think was planned or had advance knowledge of it.

"How likely is it that people in the federal government either assisted in the 9/11 attacks or took no action to stop the attacks because they wanted the United States to go to war in the Middle East?"

I linked the poll a few posts up.

#39 cantrell

cantrell

secular progressive bogeyman

HUDDLER

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:02 AM

mormonism has a pretty interesting history regarding the religion's stance toward black people so i imagine the democratics won't be running ads about it for fear of motivating the republicans and "independents" to vote for the sociopathic robot