68 replies to this topic

#61 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:44 PM

We will now that Tolbert is on the team...

#62 MasterAwesome

MasterAwesome

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:20 PM

I keep hearing that Norman had a lot of playing time with the 1s on defense...but was this before or after Gamble had to take himself out of practice? I'm sure that had something to do with how much playing time Norman had out there. And who was opposite of him with the 1s...Munnerlyn? I haven't heard anything about Hogan either...where was he positioned? With the 2s or 3s or what? Any impressions on him?

#63 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,842 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:45 PM

Munnerlyn was with the 1s. Hogan was with the 2s and I didn't notice him much. He may have been on the field when Jared Green caught the long TD but the Safety was late coming over. It's hard to judge someone when you don't know their responsibility.

#64 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:47 AM

We will now that Tolbert is on the team...

Tolbert may be the best FA pickup we have had in quite some time.

#65 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,417 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:20 AM

Thanks for all the insight. I know it's not a sexy topic, but was Brad Nortman out-punting Nick Harris? Just wondering who has the leg-up in that camp battle.. pun intended.

Also, wondering how Frank Alexander and Amini Silotolu looked. Thanks Zod.

#66 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,713 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:31 AM

Are those media guides available online anywhere? Being a west coast fan I can't go to camp and pick one up, but must have one. I hope I don't have to go the 500% markup eBay route.

#67 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,605 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

Good Job! You posed the question is it the Cam effect? I certainly agree that that is part of it but I have also noticed this year the Rivera and Chud effect as well. If my memory serves me well I cant recall a year when everyone was at camp with such an enthusiastic outlook.(including the fans).I think the players both respect Rivera but also know that there is competition at every position.One of the many differences in Rivera and Fox is the emphasis by Rivera to have competition through the entire depth chart.At this point my biggest worry is everyone staying healthy.

#68 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,644 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

Thanks for all the insight. I know it's not a sexy topic, but was Brad Nortman out-punting Nick Harris? Just wondering who has the leg-up in that camp battle.. pun intended.

Also, wondering how Frank Alexander and Amini Silotolu looked. Thanks Zod.

haven't been, but i'm thinking that nortman's draft pick and his soon to be legendary hang time is going to win him the job.

#69 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,605 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:48 AM

He doesn't really line up like a traditional running back. And why would he, we have two of the best RBs in the league. What Pilares does is move around. Almost like that Aaron Hernandez run in the playoffs last year. Percy Harvin is another great example.

Rivera was praising him on an interview on panthers.com.I think he will get some playing time,

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: carolina panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com