Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Nightmare

71 posts in this topic

Posted

Is that a real thing?

And honestly, I don't blame you. I hate when people say the dolphins are teal.....or green.....its aqua.

Just real quick...my wife and I are HARD Duke fans. Within about the last year the 11 year old has revealed he likes the Tarheels. I died a little inside. You are not alone.

Posted

I feel for you. The pressure will mount when the Panthers win a few Superbowls while the Fins languish at the basement of the AFC East. Makes it kind of hard to root for them unless they have the same childhood memories you do of them being great. Just keep in mind that you grew up rooting for your hometown team, the Panthers are his hometown team. If you simply start rooting for the Panthers your problem is solved. LOL

Posted

At least he likes football

2 people like this

Posted

Finally the truth about him being my son comes out.

2 people like this

Posted

I attended MANY Dolphins games when I lived there from 2000-2005. Never considered cheering for them. They suffer the same fate as BofA Stadium. Anytime a New York team or a team like the Steelers or Cowboys came to town, their stadium would be full of opposing fans. Dolphins success seems like eons ago, just convert to the Panthers already.

Posted

I feel for you. The pressure will mount when the Panthers win a few Superbowls while the Fins languish at the basement of the AFC East. Makes it kind of hard to root for them unless they have the same childhood memories you do of them being great. Just keep in mind that you grew up rooting for your hometown team, the Panthers are his hometown team. If you simply start rooting for the Panthers your problem is solved. LOL

Very true. I grew up watching Dan Marino.....he's growing up watching Matt Moore.

Good thing is, I truly like the Panthers. We are hardly rivals, and I live here. They are far and away my 2nd team. So it could be worse. And like others stated....he likes football....and hes his own man. Can't fault him for that.

1 person likes this

Posted

Finally the truth about him being my son comes out.

2ebqv7k_jpg.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

Haha. Kind of ironic though because my parents are dolphin fans.

Posted

Haha. Kind of ironic though because my parents are dolphin fans.

Whoa! It's like your my son in the future, or in a alternate life.

What's your parents contact information? Maybe we can start a help group.

Posted

Very true. I grew up watching Dan Marino.....he's growing up watching Matt Moore.

Good thing is, I truly like the Panthers. We are hardly rivals, and I live here. They are far and away my 2nd team. So it could be worse. And like others stated....he likes football....and hes his own man. Can't fault him for that.

Just keep in mind that almost everyone who is a Panther fan over the age of 30 grew up rooting for another team. You can root for both teams with the only issue when they play each other.

1 person likes this

Posted

I really didn't care about the NFL prior to 1995. I was all NCAA football.

Posted

I am kind've proud he is keeping it local, supporting his home team. There are wayyyyy worse teams. Everything about the panthers is cool. Cool QB. Cool colors. Cool mascot. Ill just have to rib him good when we play (dolphins 4-0 lifetime against Carolina)

Just sayin.....