• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#91 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:30 AM

I think these first few days are just everyone getting used to the sport again, getting used to contact, to timing. I'm not the least bit concerned about it. It wasn't until the first game of the season that he really looked good last year.

#92 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,647 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:31 AM

the last time any of these guys played in pads before yesterday was like january. it's going to happen.

#93 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,302 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:32 AM

I'm not gonna lie, it certainly seems like Cam is throwing a lot more picks in camp this year... At least just in the first few days.

I hope it is just that our defense has gotten that much better and the offense has to catch up timing-wise and personnel-wise. BUT, he keeps getting picked by the d-lineman, that doesn't really have to do with timing or new players.

Dline is dropping back in all of those picks.

defense is getting more creative. offense is finding their groove.

again, not something to worry about unless you just want something to worry about.

#94 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,129 posts

Anyone else concerned with the number of picks Cam has thrown in practice. Yeah I know it's practice, but does that mean he's not taking it seriously? Practice? Yeah it's not a game. It's practice. Practice?

I've been concerned since the pro bowl. It's my #1 fear this season, since I saw that he had the potential to be that bad.

#95 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

I don't know man, it worries me that we havent even won a game yet this year.

#96 CarolinaSexPanther

CarolinaSexPanther

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationMaiden, NC

Joe Person@josephperson
Beason does a nice job filling the hole on a Cam draw near the goal line.

Carolina Panthers@Panthers
Highlight of practice, and possibly camp so far, was DE Charles Johnson picking off a Cam Newton screen intended for Smith.

#97 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,689 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:42 AM

For those of you worried about picks - While certainly something to be concerned about, lets keep things in perspective. This is training camp, and specific throws and routes are being worked out. Cam will be making throws regardless of coverage, at times, just to work on a specific play. Cam's leash on full blown decision making will be limited to certain sets of defense v offense scrimmages. It's hard to tell the exactly what's going on via twitter. Some of these picks could be a poor decision by Newton while others were just throws that he was working on regardless of coverage.

#98 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,146 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:43 AM

I've been concerned since the pro bowl. It's my #1 fear this season, since I saw that he had the potential to be that bad.

It's not every day the Saints* oline "blocks" for him

#99 CarolinaSexPanther

CarolinaSexPanther

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationMaiden, NC

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:43 AM

Not TC related but

Steve Reed@SteveReed_AP
Hurney says team will meet with Otah tomorrow, give him a physical and the go from there.

Joe Person@josephperson
Panthers GM Marty Hurney says Otah is expected back tomorrow. panthers could try to trade, put him on the PUP list. Or terminate contract.

Joe Person@josephperson
First-order of business with Otah obviously will be a physical. Panthers expected to meet with him tomorrow in Spartanburg.

#100 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,689 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:44 AM

For instance, I suspect, that Cam might not have thrown a pick to CJ in a busted screen during a real game. He would probably have noticed it as a busted play and thrown it away or ran it.

#101 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,194 posts

Smitty drops ball, instantly gets downgraded to worst receiver ever status.

#102 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,647 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

picking off a screen pass usually = OT didn't do their job and cut down the DE. see peppers' pick six against arizona in 2009.

#103 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,302 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:48 AM

It's not every day the Saints** oline "blocks" for him

people make waaaaayyyy too big a deal of the probowl game.

there was nothing there to learn about cam. if you were actually paying attention then you would have seen that the defense was playing harder against cam than against anyone while the rest of the guys on offense were taking it easy.

not that that matters....it was the probowl and it doesn't matter. it's a joke game that most the people playing in it just goof off while a few try to make a name for themselves. it shouldn't even be played at all.

#104 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,302 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:49 AM

picking off a screen pass usually = OT didn't do their job and cut down the DE. see peppers' pick six against arizona in 2009.

in this case CJ was dropping back...same with fua's pick.

#105 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,647 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:50 AM

people make waaaaayyyy too big a deal of the probowl game.

there was nothing there to learn about cam. if you were actually paying attention then you would have seen that the defense was playing harder against cam than against anyone while the rest of the guys on offense were taking it easy.

not that that matters....it was the probowl and it doesn't matter. it's a joke game that most the people playing in it just goof off while a few try to make a name for themselves. it shouldn't even be played at all.

most people who had anything to say about it in that regard had an axe to grind.

here was the pattern:

cam makes pro bowl => "doesn't matter/popularity contest/not a real game/means nothing" => cam plays like poo in the pro bowl due to a confluence of factors => "this is proof that what i was saying all along is true/cam blows/cam has been exposed"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com