#106 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,300 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:51 AM

in this case CJ was dropping back...same with fua's pick.

yeah i wasn't visualizing it properly. i had an image in my head of CJ beating his man and breaking in to the backfield to get his hands on the ball for some reason.

#107 CarolinaSexPanther

CarolinaSexPanther

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationMaiden, NC

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:04 PM

And Sorensen starts in late again...

Tom Sorensen@tomsorensen
Several near altercations at practice. Steve Smith & Captain Munnerlyn start to go at it. The Captain takes nothing. Beason intercedes.

Tom Sorensen@tomsorensen
Cam Newton picked off on back to back passes by Charles Johnson and Chris Gamble Tuesday. Good day for defense. And for rain.

#108 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:06 PM

Tom Sorensen@tomsorensen
Several near altercations at practice. Steve Smith & Captain Munnerlyn start to go at it. The Captain takes nothing. Beason intercedes.

beason was the guy who pulled smitty off lucas.

#109 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,569 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:10 PM

beason was the guy who pulled smitty off lucas.

Someone needs to give capt a history lesson

#110 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

I'm actually loving the fact that our defense is getting so many picks. Turnovers is our biggest issue on defense.

#111 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:18 PM

Someone needs to give capt a history lesson

i'm actually surprised smitty has been so laid back with the capt. even as a rookie munnerlynn was rising in smitty's back pocket and i saw more than one occasion at TC where smith was very much annoyed with him.

#112 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,756 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:24 PM

@Panthers

Silatolu says #Panthers offense and defense are in a points-based competition for big plays. Winner gets to sleep in later this week.

#113 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,480 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:26 PM

@Panthers
Silatolu says #Panthers offense and defense are in a points-based competition for big plays. Winner gets to sleep in later this week.

InbeforesaintsfanscreamsBOUNTY

#114 Seltzer

Seltzer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationLKN

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:32 PM

I like the chippiness. I experienced first hand how laid back training camp was last year. In some ways it had to be given that there were no OTA's or off-season program and the guys were just meeting each other and getting introduced to the schemes, but it is a good thing for camp to be more than just a happy-to-be there existence. For the first time in a while, there is some actual depth and guys are having to figuratively and somewhat literally fight for their jobs.

I don't want any outright altercations or guys getting hurt, but I think the intensity is a good thing. Not to say one necessarily led to the other, but the 2008 training camp was very intense (even before the Smitty-Lucas) incident, and that was the last time the Panthers made the playoffs.

#115 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 5,778 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:38 PM

@Panthers

Sleepygate

Posted Image

#116 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,138 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:41 PM

I don't mind it if he's testing the windows and learning from it.

Learn from it and recognize when to pull down and run. You'll never learn if you don't fail a few times.

#117 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

I like the chippiness. I experienced first hand how laid back training camp was last year. In some ways it had to be given that there were no OTA's or off-season program and the guys were just meeting each other and getting introduced to the schemes, but it is a good thing for camp to be more than just a happy-to-be there existence. For the first time in a while, there is some actual depth and guys are having to figuratively and somewhat literally fight for their jobs.

I don't want any outright altercations or guys getting hurt, but I think the intensity is a good thing. Not to say one necessarily led to the other, but the 2008 training camp was very intense (even before the Smitty-Lucas) incident, and that was the last time the Panthers made the playoffs.

one trend i saw prior to that was success being followed with complacency. it was kind of a team culture thing driven from the top with foxy.

after that last loss to zona in the playoffs, it seemed that the team just kind of threw their hands in the air and gave up. 2010 was the bottom, obviously.

last year was all about getting the taste of the previous year out of their mouths. it wasn't about being great, necessarily...it was just do better and just getting used to each other (players/coaches/systems). this year they go in having an idea of what they are capable of and there is a standard of excellence and a hunger that hasn't been there in a long time, imo. i really hope this is the new culture. it seems to be the one that rivera and newton are forging for sure.

#118 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationG spot

Ugly bastard

#119 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,797 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:47 PM

Defense always ahead of offense, or should I say it should be in beginning of TC. Its just read and react with them

Offense is timing and rhythm

#120 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,637 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:48 PM

Everyone here knows I've been a Cam guy since BEFORE day 1, I just get concerned because I don't want him to regress or show any signs of it and give haters something to feed off of.

I mean, he's throwing TDs in practice too, but the picks by the DL and LBs are what bothered me.

Especially Fua doing it. And initially, I envisioned them as low throws that got batted up or deflected and picked off. But, from the description of the CJ pick, he ran in on a rush and read the play and picked it.

Then again, in all honesty, he could be working his own kinks out in TC knowing they aren't things he would explore in a real game. That's what I'm hoping. Just testing things out and learning from them as he goes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.