#76 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,516 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:43 AM

I feel the urge that I should make a kitchen joke. I think I'll pass.

#77 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,571 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:14 AM

He will get plenty of PT at LB.I dont want him on ST

#78 Rook35200

Rook35200

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:05 AM

It makes sense because as a linebacker he has a much higher chance of tearing his knee up again, whereas on ST he still has a chance but a lower chance.

I should have said this before but I deff think we should have cut him this offseason. Hurney has a problem of holding on to players too long (Dan Morgan). I thought we would stop when Fox left but guess not.

So back to out argument....Would I rather have him play 16 games at ST or 4 games at LB...you know my answer.

He has no higher chance of tearing his knee up again at LB than he does at ST. How often do you hear about linebackers with ACL injuries. it's usually RBs and offensive/defensive lineman.

It makes no since to have someone with 3 acl surgeries run in a straight line for 40-60 yards and have to suddenly stop and change direction.

That's just not smart. He's safest at linebackers. I believe the reason he tore it so many times was that it wasn't repaired properly the first time. usually people that tear one knee up, injure the other one after. (knock on wood)

#79 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,914 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:30 AM

I'm guessing Davis will be a situational player to help preserve his knee while taking advantage of his special skills. I expect to see a blitz package designed especially for TD.

#80 Carolina_Champ

Carolina_Champ

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:51 AM

Um wtf?

Thomas Davis, Jordan Senn, Jason Williams, Kenny Onatolu...

Lol lets see. We saw a lot of Jordan Senn last year, he was ok but by no means starter worthy. Jason Williams eh. Onatolu was brought in because of what he offers special teams. If you really find those three to be great depth your standards are very low.

The point I was trying to make is that we have a great player who is constantly battling injures and definitely worth the roster spot in my opinion. The logical thing to do is limit his role so his chances of being around for 16 games is better than the last three seasons NOT expose him to even more risk. Assuming Luke, Beast, and Anderson start, Davis could come in for someone and the defense wouldn't drop off a bit.

#81 Carolina_Champ

Carolina_Champ

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:55 AM

Lol oh boy. All you did was name players and that did nothing to hurt my argument. We saw a lot of Jordan Senn last year, he was ok but by no means starter worthy. Jason Williams eh. Onatolu was brought in because of what he offers special teams. If you really find those three to be great depth your standards are very low.

The point I was trying to make is that we have a great player who is constantly battling injures and definitely worth the roster spot in my opinion. The logical thing to do is limit his role so his chances of being around for 16 games is better than the last three seasons NOT expose him to even more risk. Assuming Luke, Beast, and Anderson start, Davis could come in for someone and the defense wouldn't drop off a bit.

#82 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,251 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:04 AM

ST is not the place for TD. But he would gladly play it if asked...that's the kind of player he is.

#83 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:39 AM

why would they want to with all you asshats running around here

I wanted to see who would step up to white knight first.

That dubious honor is PhillyB's.

#84 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,668 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:43 AM

I didn't need to make a sexist joke, though I would have enjoyed doing so. I bitchslapped her argument well enough that it wasn't necessary.

#85 Dilated_chakra

Dilated_chakra

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:02 AM

while i disagreed with the OP, the sexist remarks in this thread show the maturity of the idiots on this board.

Nothing but class.

what a tool.....they are jokes. dont be the tool bag that takes up for the chick in hopes to chat with her. keep pounding dude you will shake that goose egg and loose your virginity soon.

#86 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 12,526 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:18 AM

balls

#87 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,571 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:19 AM

Good article on Davis.He states he is as fastest lb on the field.

http://www.gastongaz...partanburg.html

#88 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:39 AM

I can some what see the thought behind this but there is no way that I would put one of our top LB, that will rotate with other starters on designed plays and serve as depth and that is coming off his 3rd ACL on ST. For much of the same reason you don't put your primary starters on ST.

#89 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,404 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:27 PM

what a tool.....they are jokes. dont be the tool bag that takes up for the chick in hopes to chat with her. keep pounding dude you will shake that goose egg and loose your virginity soon.

Am happily married with kids.

Thanks for lowering the bar even more.

Kids have jokes better than this crap.

In fact, my idiotic 12 year old has more class and better jokes than you.

ya should have just kept your face shut.

#90 boo7382

boo7382

• HUDDLER
  • 10,442 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:01 PM

How about noo Scott

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Davis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.