* * * * - 3 votes

8/1 Training camp, Twitter thread

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#136 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:51 PM

I just wonder what could possibly be bothering Davis already. If he's sitting out after the first day of contact, what's going to happen during the regular season?

#137 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,369 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:53 PM

Players sit out because of broken finger nails during Training Camp - especially possible starters. Don't over think it. If they say that it's nothing serious then it's nothing serious.

#138 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,525 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:54 PM

I want Armanti to succeed. He was put in a bad position. Not his fault. Switching from small time college QB to pro NFL receiver is not easy. If he doesn't get the job done, so be it you cut him. If he does turn things around then great! I don't have the energy to hate my own teams players. There are plenty of guys on the Saints* and Falcons I can hate.

#139 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

I love TD to death, and I hope he plays 10 more seasons. Let's just get that out of the way before people think I'm the next Mr. Touchdown...

But I feel like I've heard him see he's good, he's 100% before. I wanna know why he had to sit out, I know it had to do with his leg. If I was in his situation I wouldn't say anything yet either. I really hope it was just a cramp or something.

#140 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:02 PM

I love TD to death, and I hope he plays 10 more seasons. Let's just get that out of the way before people think I'm the next Mr. Touchdown...

But I feel like I've heard him see he's good, he's 100% before. I wanna know why he had to sit out, I know it had to do with his leg. If I was in his situation I wouldn't say anything yet either. I really hope it was just a cramp or something.

who cares, the dude is very talented and in no way in jeopardy of losing a roster spot. Let him ease his way back in. His rehab work is top notch as well too, just go back and watch the first 2 games last year, he was sideline to sideline...like he was never injured.

#141 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:03 PM

who cares, the dude is very talented and in no way in jeopardy of losing a roster spot. Let him ease his way back in. His rehab work is top notch as well too, just go back and watch the first 2 games last year, he was sideline to sideline...like he was never injured.

I care, I want him to come back at his own pace too, but I wanna know what his reasoning behind not practicing is. Is his knee sore? Or did he just get a bad cramp?

#142 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 19,966 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:04 PM

To be honest, Davis needs three to four days off a week. No need in risking him in something as meaningless as training camp.

#143 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,369 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:04 PM

It could be as simple as fatigue in the leg. He's been rehabbing it for three years after all. Supposing it was muscle fatigue, they would want him to sit because favoring a weak leg would increase the chance for injury.

Point being, it could be an innumerable amount of minor things. I wouldn't worry to much about it at this point. If he's sitting out the preseason games, you might want to worry a little bit more.

#144 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:08 PM

I care, I want him to come back at his own pace too, but I wanna know what his reasoning behind not practicing is. Is his knee sore? Or did he just get a bad cramp?

How is your life going to change if you know the exact reason? I am sure I sound like a jerk to you(i'm not), but big picture wise nothing to lose any sleep over.

#145 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,106 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:12 PM

Rehabbing no matter how strenuous, it not the same as participating in practice in live action. There is going to be some swelling and it will take time to get ready to play after almost 3 years of rust. There is no hurry here. Better to take it slow than rush as we did in the past.

#146 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,525 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

I just want TD to be healthy and contribute. He is what every athlete should strive for in terms of personality.

#147 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,564 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

It could be as simple as fatigue in the leg. He's been rehabbing it for three years after all. Supposing it was muscle fatigue, they would want him to sit because favoring a weak leg would increase the chance for injury.

Point being, it could be an innumerable amount of minor things. I wouldn't worry to much about it at this point. If he's sitting out the preseason games, you might want to worry a little bit more.

agreed with everything except the preseason games thing.

i see preseason as pretty meaningless except as a tryout for fringe players.

players that i the team is going to be relying on i really don't like them being exposed like they are in those situations where they can be on the wrong end of a guy trying to prove themselves and get knocked out for any amount of time or one of those players we rely on who don't know how to scale it back and end up getting hurt.

it's a game that has no bearing on the season. i have no problem with starting players seeing minimal time or no time at all in those games.

#148 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,370 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:19 PM

I just wonder what could possibly be bothering Davis already. If he's sitting out after the first day of contact, what's going to happen during the regular season?

He tore his ACL three years in a row. Thats what is bothering him.

#149 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,369 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:20 PM

agreed with everything except the preseason games thing.

i see preseason as pretty meaningless except as a tryout for fringe players.

players that i the team is going to be relying on i really don't like them being exposed like they are in those situations where they can be on the wrong end of a guy trying to prove themselves and get knocked out for any amount of time or one of those players we rely on who don't know how to scale it back and end up getting hurt.

it's a game that has no bearing on the season. i have no problem with starting players seeing minimal time or no time at all in those games.

Normally I would agree, but I see TD's case as being a little bit different. He needs live action in order to get reoriented to the speed and physicality of the game. I, for instance, won't be worried if Dwill or CJ sit out a preseason game, but I will be if TD does.

#150 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,564 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

Normally I would agree, but I see TD's case as being a little bit different. He needs live action in order to get reoriented to the speed and physicality of the game. I, for instance, won't be worried if Dwill or CJ sit out a preseason game, but I will be if TD does.

i can kind of understand that, but i think he's been around it enough to know what to expect. it won't take him long to get readjusted if he needs it. i just don't want to risk injury to him in a game that doesn't matter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.