#92 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,003 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:01 PM

Why not?

Don't fix what isn't broken. Gross is and gets paid to be a damn good LT.

#93 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:06 PM

Don't fix what isn't broken. Gross is and gets paid to be a damn good LT.

Problem is that Bell is not a damn good RT. So let's say Campbell impresses enough to start on the right, would you prefer Gross on the left and Campbell on the right or the other way round? Campbell is a lean, athletic type of guy and Gross has always been better on the right. Don't let the money shroud your decision making.

#94 Coheed

Coheed

Loves Jon Beason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:13 PM

I think Gross at LT and Campbell at RT (if he continues to impress) would be the best option. I feel like while Gross might be better at RT, he's better than Campbell at LT. Gotta protect Cam's blindside with the best guy possible.

#95 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,003 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:28 PM

Problem is that Bell is not a damn good RT. So let's say Campbell impresses enough to start on the right, would you prefer Gross on the left and Campbell on the right or the other way round? Campbell is a lean, athletic type of guy and Gross has always been better on the right. Don't let the money shroud your decision making.

Bell was thrown into an impossible situation and improved as the year went, I like the line as is.

#96 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,050 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:29 PM

The only reason that guys often have fewer sacks when they play right tackle is because defenses put their best defensive end on the offense's left side or the typical quarterback's blind side. Gross is a pro-bowl left tackle so no we won't be moving him. As for whether he beats out Bell, not only will he have to play great but Bell will have to struggle. Otherwise Bell will get the nod.

#97 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:35 PM

I dont think so man. Whoever is the better option between Bell and Campell will get the start. Its not like the Panthers owe Bell a spot

#98 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:48 PM

It's my understanding that Campell is mentally challenged to some degree, so I think it's unlikely that he will start over Bell this season. It might take him longer than usual to learn the OT position, and that's probably why the Raiders were willing to part with him for Goody.

#99 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,379 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:51 PM

Ok, there is no way that Gross is changing positions. He is not a better RT than LT, that is crazy talk. He is a finesse guy not a power guy.

Bell will be the starter unless he gets hurt.

#100 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,292 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:51 PM

Bell was thrown into an impossible situation and improved as the year went, I like the line as is.

People keep saying he improved...but what supports that?

Campbell will start IMO. Ron Rivera is tied to one man. Newton. Nothing suggest Bell would take a big enough step to handle pass rushers this year. Bell IMO showed what Otah lacked...and did well for the situation (meaning he survived). Since Bell is a Rivera guy, Ron will allow him to compete for the job which he should lose. Wouldn't be right for Ron not to let him compete.

But IMO Bell has G written on him.

#101 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:55 PM

This sort of wild speculation always seems to pop up during TC based on small amounts of second hand information about how one paticular player is playing better than expected.

#102 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,292 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:56 PM

Ok, there is no way that Gross is changing positions. He is not a better RT than LT, that is crazy talk. He is a finesse guy not a power guy.

Not saying move Gross...but there is a likely chance we continue to get away from the power run game. We started getting away from it last year. Cam likes those read option looks. I expect more shotgun this year

#103 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,003 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:02 PM

People keep saying he improved...but what supports that?

Go back and rewatch, he was much improved and even Rivera has mentioned that.

#104 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,292 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:04 PM

Go back and rewatch, he was much improved and even Rivera has mentioned that.

I can find quotes of Ron praising our DTs, backup LBs, defending Capt and our Ss.

What specifically did Bell improve on? I just didnt see....wasn't handling pass rushers.

#105 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:10 PM

I need a preaseason game. These tweets aren't enough

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com