Photo
- - - - -

DirecTV Sunday Ticket

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,331 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:19 PM

has anyone used sunday ticket before?

currently, i am a comcast subscriber, and mississippi resident [i know, i know].

directv offers sunday ticket on the ps3 for $200 i think. but i also heard that first time subscribers get one season free. would it be cheaper to pay for 6 months or so, purchase just the ps3 version so as to not have to go through the hassle of switching providers, or just go up to the bar every sunday?

to those who are current subscribers, how is directv overall?

#2 Phil

Phil

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

Answer is always the same. Bar.

#3 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,379 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:31 PM

I was thinking of going the PS3 route. Under 200? First season free? Really?

#4 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:35 PM

It's much more than $200 I think

#5 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,652 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:37 PM

Answer is always the same. Bar.

Im really in the same boat, in New York. Upstate. I like the idea of goin to a bar gettin wings, brewskis but I also love the idea of just layin on the couch at home chillen watchin the game relaxing by myself. Have TWC now but just a few stations as its basic so if I bought dtv we'd still have our locals keepin twc as well.

Id be a new customer so Id get the ticket for free but I havent decided yet. It would cost at least 20 bucks each week at a bar anyways.

#6 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,668 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:44 PM

I was an idiot and sold my PS3 forgetting that you could get Sunday Ticket on there.

I go to college up in Virginia and the main channels just pick up Redskins games.

I guess I will be going to Buffalo Wild Wings every Sunday instead.

#7 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,276 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:53 PM

has anyone used sunday ticket before?

currently, i am a comcast subscriber, and mississippi resident [i know, i know].

directv offers sunday ticket on the ps3 for $200 i think. but i also heard that first time subscribers get one season free. would it be cheaper to pay for 6 months or so, purchase just the ps3 version so as to not have to go through the hassle of switching providers, or just go up to the bar every sunday?

to those who are current subscribers, how is directv overall?

Love Directv, had it for years, had Sunday ticket for years...every game, every Sunday...of course there are 3 games a week now that are not on Sunday ticket...it has the NFL channel too of course.

Only issue is during heavy t-storms, picture will faded until the cell passes, usually 10 mins or so; but, I suppose one could say the tv should not be on during heavy t-storms anyway.

Sports bars are great but DUIs aren't and that's a chance I don't take anymore...and seems like I always drink wen the Panthers play :) either in celebration, anxiety, or sorrow.

While I"m watching the best part of the Olympics on either 603 (NBC Sports Channel) or the BBC, my cable friends are stuck with either NBC or bravo.

#8 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:04 PM

It is $199. And yes, it is 100% worth it. At least if you are out of market. At a bar, you usually don't have audio.

#9 SgtJoo

SgtJoo

Reppin that Bull City

• HUDDLER
  • 3,540 posts
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:06 PM

It's 300 if you want to watch on PC, tablet or phone. And for the Red Zone Channel.

#10 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:10 PM

Anybody Who is interested in DirecTV send me a PM...

I will give you my account # and we can both save $100 off our bill.

I'm serious about saving money

#11 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:11 PM

How in the hell can anyone who is not tv market of their favorite team, not have NFL sunday ticket?
I'd pay twice what they charge if I had to to watch the panthers every week.If your a serious fan indulge yourself and don't look back. Should be an absolute no brainer if your not in the Carolina's.

I just pulled the trigger, so I can get NFL Network, Sunday Ticket Max and 3 months of movie channels 3. Its gonna cost me about 10 more bucks a month but will be worth it during the season anyway..after that I may regret it.

I even live in Charlotte so I get the games anyway and bought season tickets as this year as well. Just pissed about missing NFL network from time warner. I long for the day when you can pay per channel that you pick. Seems like I only watch the local's, espns's, history and occasionally Investigation Discovery just so I can brush up on my skills of how to get away with a crime should the need ever arise.

#12 FLPaNtHeR

FLPaNtHeR

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:23 PM

I have direct tv for last 10 yrs plus and really can't imagime nfl season without it...since I live in FL and don't get Panthers games on local tv.Only thing that sucks that the Bucs don't sell out home games and since I live close to Tampa the game gets blocked out with or with our nfl ticket! Sucks...always find a way to go to the game here but it would be nice to dvr the game to watch it again on tv.

#13 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

I haven't been able to find info on PS3 sunday ticket this year. The problem is you need a balling internet connection to watch it in high def. Sunday Ticket does not include prime time games. But imo Sunday Ticket > Bar. I like to watch my games alone so I can concentrate on the action and commentary.

#14 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,331 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

i did a little research, and the promotion for free sunday ticket for new customers requires a two [2] year commitment. that's too much hassle for me. like i said, i have comcast, and don't plan on staying in the area i'm in for another 2 years.

as for the bar, there is the whole dui thing, but also spending $30-$50 every sunday. plus, everyone here is Saints*, so i wouldn't get any sound, and i would be forced to watch on one of the small tvs in the back.

looks like the best route is going to be ps3.

#15 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,331 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:29 PM

I haven't been able to find info on PS3 sunday ticket this year. The problem is you need a balling internet connection to watch it in high def. Sunday Ticket does not include prime time games. But imo Sunday Ticket > Bar. I like to watch my games alone so I can concentrate on the action and commentary.

that was my main concern with the ps3. i watched some streamed games online last year, and the quality was sooooo bad that i just went to the bar at halftime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com