Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Me n Mugsy

15 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Had a shoot with the former hornet today. Really nice guy. Had some good conversation about the bobcats and such.

[attachment=4389:536840_10151073928609520_1151506870_n.jpg]
4 people like this

Posted · Report post

Favorite Hornet

Posted · Report post

He can still ball. We ran into a group of kids and he really connected to them and started coaching them up right there on the spot. It was fun to watch. Those kids gravitated towards him.

Posted · Report post

Does Muggsy still coach United Faith? I was happy for them when he got that job. Seems to suit him well.

We used to play them twice a year since they were down the road from Latin. I bet he helps that program tremendously (assuming he is still there).

Posted · Report post

[attachment=4390:D04_1804sm.jpg]
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Sapper' timestamp='1344288786' post='1848651']
Does Muggsy still coach United Faith? I was happy for them when he got that job. Seems to suit him well.

We used to play them twice a year since they were down the road from Latin. I bet he helps that program tremendously (assuming he is still there).
[/quote]

Yeah I think he is still there. He is getting ready to do a summer camp next week.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Zod' timestamp='1344291966' post='1848741']

Yeah I think he is still there. He is getting ready to do a summer camp next week.
[/quote]

Always appreciate the athletes that come to Charlotte and stick around even after the fact.

There aren't many that don't.

Posted · Report post

I always thought he never got the credit he deserved as a weapon on the fast break...he played really solid defense, elite at jumping the passing lanes and rarely got exposed by bigger point guards posting him up(threw the other teams offense out of rhythm).

With that said I remember an episode of NBA Today with Amhad Rashad where LJ and Mugsey were playing/coaching special needs athletes.

LJ was coaching and Mugsey was defending one of the special needs attendees who proceeds to swish a 12 foot hook shot in Mugsey's face..and typical LJ, he belts out a WHAAAaHaaAa!, leaps five feet off the air, runs into the bleachers, pulling his jersey over his face belly laughing at Mugsey.. .

Love the old Hornets! Tear...

Posted · Report post

Zod, who takes pictures of you taking pictures?

Posted · Report post

Great pic Zod.

Muggsy was one of the reasons I got into basketball, and looking at that pic just took me back to those days... All I thought was: "I want to be like Muggsy when I grow up." :)

Posted · Report post

I notice how Zod had to lie on the floor to make him look taller...

Posted · Report post

[quote name='nc_biscuit' timestamp='1344362468' post='1849816']
Zod, who takes pictures of you taking pictures?
[/quote]
Photo inception?