Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stirs

Some guys wife dies 7 years after Romney leaves Bain....

54 posts in this topic

that would be interesting considering it was romney's campaign press secretary

and the romney campaign's response to this is "well if they had lived in massachusetts they would have had coverage"

actually this sounds about right. if healthcare was more accessible and affordable we wouldn't hear stories about people losing their jobs and, with them, their insurance. good on you for owning the private mandate that you signed into law, rmoney

Medical bills prompt more than 60 percent of U.S. bankruptcies

This year, an estimated 1.5 million Americans will declare bankruptcy. Many people may chalk up that misfortune to overspending or a lavish lifestyle, but a new study suggests that more than 60 percent of people who go bankrupt are actually capsized by medical bills.

Bankruptcies due to medical bills increased by nearly 50 percent in a six-year period, from 46 percent in 2001 to 62 percent in 2007, and most of those who filed for bankruptcy were middle-class, well-educated homeowners, according to a report that will be published in the August issue of The American Journal of Medicine.

Overall, three-quarters of the people with a medically-related bankruptcy had health insurance, they say.

"That was actually the predominant problem in patients in our study -- 78 percent of them had health insurance, but many of them were bankrupted anyway because there were gaps in their coverage like co-payments and deductibles and uncovered services," says Woolhandler. "Other people had private insurance but got so sick that they lost their job and lost their insurance."

http://articles.cnn.com/2009-06-05/health/bankruptcy.medical.bills_1_medical-bills-bankruptcies-health-insurance?_s=PM:HEALTH

Whoever gave that response is missing a brain and will not be asked to make public statements again I'd bet.

that would be interesting considering it was romney's campaign press secretary

You can't stop the well oiled gaffe machine that is Romneyhood express

That's why I said she's going to be removed from media communications.

Either way...the woman had her insurance.

Ann Coulter basically said what I said...the woman was an idiot responding the way she did.

Did she get fired? waiting

Give it time. Maybe not fired...but job changed.

No, things are bad no matter which side does it; a single side is only worse if it is the only side doing it. Both sides are running deceptive campaigns.

You mean they haven't already been putting out deceptive ads? Have you been paying any attention?

These ads are bad on both sides, but the poster I was responding to was directly calling out liberals. It's not just liberals right now who are running a shitty campaign...

but being all upset "at libs" because a SuperPac ran a deceptive ad campaign is dumb. This election has been full of terrible ads from both sides... but what's new?

Political ads suck on both sides of the aisle. That is why I pay zero attention to any of them.

Only the mindless and ignorant masses would actually believe ANYTHING that is said in these ads. If someone is dumb enough to believe anything that is said in them and allow it to influence who they vote for.....they are truly too ignorant to be allowed to vote.

1 person likes this

I agree with everything but the last part as I am a little fuzzy on literally not allowing people to vote because of ignorance, but I do wish there was a way to get those people better educated on the issues.

Political ads suck on both sides of the aisle. That is why I pay zero attention to any of them.

Only the mindless and ignorant masses would actually believe ANYTHING that is said in these ads. If someone is dumb enough to believe anything that is said in them and allow it to influence who they vote for.....they are truly too ignorant to be allowed to vote.

Ignorance of the electorate is precisely why these ads hit the airwaves every 4 years. Sadly, they work. It does not matter if it is a total lie, many of the "undecided" or casual observers, will listen to the "heartfelt" hurt of this put upon man, but never listen to talking heads discussing its authenticity.

Sort of a reality show, TMZ metality in our country and politicians play to it.

Wait a minute- youre saying this womans death WASNT george bushes fault?

Remember...SuperPAC are supposed to be "independent" of campaigns and no coordination between the two. We've already shown via the OFA conf call they all knew his story. Check this out...

http://minx.cc/?post=331756

These morons busted in the lie even let the guy wear the same golf shirt for each ad.

AzzwfdDCYAAOLDb.jpg