Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone worried about the DTs?

122 posts in this topic

Posted

One time a Super bowl MVP was a bag boy. Quick people lets go to the grocery store.

What's with all the anxiety and preseason hasn't even started. How about saving the anxiety attacks and heart palpitations for when it is justified. I can't believe all the whining.

For what it is worth, an excellent way to combat anxiety is to find instances in your experience where there are exceptions to the anxiety provoking thought. Obviously wasted on you though............

Posted

No anxiety at all. I've come to accept our D will suck. Why am I here? I don't know maybe I like the team. I dont need a Superbowl chase every year to enjoy following the team.

Posted

No anxiety at all. I've come to accept our D will suck. Why am I here? I don't know maybe I like the team. I dont need a Superbowl chase every year to enjoy following the team.

I think you are going to be wrong about the defense. I think we are going to be much improved. If that doesn't prove to be true there will be plenty of time to get depressed and join you and others. Way too early for the "sky is falling" proclamations.

1 person likes this

Posted

defense is going to make the same turnaround the offense did last year.

Posted

I always think its interesting how fans find one example of something that worked and all of a sudden its a given rule.

Well, lets just bring in ALL THE 35 YEAR OLD DTS!!!! APPEARANTLY IT WORKS EVERY TIME.

See that is just silly.

Is it a given rule that you can't play football past the age of 32!? He gave you an example of someone who was two years older, who played well. It didn't mean that all mid 30s guys are going to play at a high level, just that you shouldn't knock the man just because of his age.

Its silly, to act as if you know,that Edwards can't play just because he's 33.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sorry, I don't see it as a "sky is falling proclamation". Just a realistic preseason look at what we have on the roster. Anything can happen, but that doesnt mean that I buy lottery tickets just cause i could win. Football isn't the rocket science the league wants you to think it is. You get good at certain positions and there will be results. We got good at QB and TE and cutback the running game and then we had a good offence. You have to get good at certain positions and leave the solid 35 year olds for other positions.

Posted

Is it a given rule that you can't play football past the age of 32!? He gave you an example of someone who was two years older, who played well. It didn't mean that all mid 30s guys are going to play at a high level, just that you shouldn't knock the man just because of his age.

Its silly, to act as if you know,that Edwards can't play just because he's 33.

Kind of hard to find examples of 35 year old DT who didn't play well, because teams try there hardest not to resort to poopy situations like that.

Posted

What is this. FirstRoundPick unhappy? Well this is just strange.

Posted

Injuries and our DL have to contain the run, but injuries played a part in that too

Posted

Basing a future outcome solely on past experiences, is silly.

Basing future outcomes solely on homerism, hope, and optimism, though fun, is also silly.

Basing future outcomes using history, and factoring in growth and additions, may be fruitless, but it is better than guessing.

No one knows what is coming. Some folks still have last year on their minds, so they see no room for improvement. Other folks see growth and potential, so they see a brighter future.

As MLP says, I have no opinion on what will come. I will however say this. We were good in only 1 of 3 phases last year, and still won 6 games. ST play is now a positive, so we are now 2 out of 3. All we need is a few timely turnovers, force a punt in the 4th, and play well as a unit, and our D has done its job. The closer the D comes to making it 3 out of 3, the closer we are to being elite.

Just a thought.

Too damm exciting I tell ya what. And GOOOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

1 person likes this

Posted

Sorry, I don't see it as a "sky is falling proclamation". Just a realistic preseason look at what we have on the roster. Anything can happen, but that doesnt mean that I buy lottery tickets just cause i could win. Football isn't the rocket science the league wants you to think it is. You get good at certain positions and there will be results. We got good at QB and TE and cutback the running game and then we had a good offence. You have to get good at certain positions and leave the solid 35 year olds for other positions.

First of all if you don't even play the lottery you can't win. if you play you aren't likely to win but at least you are in the game. I am glad the players don't decide they can't win so why not mail it in like you seem to advocate.

Your posts are nothing but sky is falling saying the defense is going to suck. You are so negative you don't even realize how bad you are.

Posted

What is this. FirstRoundPick unhappy? Well this is just strange.

If passing out knowledge and facts is unhappy then call me emo today.