Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Inimicus

Lake Lure

35 posts in this topic

And watch Last Of The Mohicans. It was filmed in the Area.

And Dirty Dancing

And the notebook...i know saying/knowing that puts my man card in check.

The Notebook wasn't filmed at Lake Lure. Ingles or Walmart in Hendersonville is a really short drive from town if you're needing supplies/groceries straight up 64. One of the best hamburgers I've eaten was at Larkins but the last time I went the food quality was pretty poor. They could have just had a bad day so I recommend at least giving them a try. Swimming, boating, hiking you have a lot of outdoor activities to choose from so Lake Lure is a great place if you enjoy that type of stuff. Oh and watch out for the cops, they're terrible.

1 person likes this

The notebook was filmed in Mount Pleasant and Charleston SC.

Don't swim in lake water.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primary_amoebic_meningoencephalitis#section_1

Almost all man made lakes have enough current that they aren't "stagnant", thus not a breeding ground for such bacteria. Random moss covered ponds....yeah don't swim there. Lake Lure, Watauga Lake, etc.....swimming is ok.

You can dip down to Tryon and they have a few nice quaint restaurants. It's where we used to drink on Sundays when the upstate enforced the blue laws.

My parents swear by Sidestreet Pizza's pesto pizza.

Almost all man made lakes have enough current that they aren't "stagnant", thus not a breeding ground for such bacteria. Random moss covered ponds....yeah don't swim there. Lake Lure, Watauga Lake, etc.....swimming is ok.

Last summer a kid died of the infection after swimming in a river. Definitely not stagnant.

Last month a kid died from the infection after swimming in man made Lake Marion. Water temperature is a bigger factor than stagnation.

It doesn't even need to be terribly warm. A kid died in Minnesota a few weeks ago after swimming in a lake.