Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Floppin

Wilmington Huddlers

79 posts in this topic

So here's the thing about this bar. It's not currently open on Sundays, but if I can get a Panthernation Contingent in there every week, and can guarantee a midday sunday crowd, I can convince the owner to let me open for gamedays.

I grew up in Wilmington, moved away for college in '93. I can't remember a sports bar in Wilmington. My old coach used to own Dawg's Bar off Eastwood. Used to be a Brew Thru across the street. We used to go to Rock-I-la Cafe to watch games Lol.

They changed that to a Kick Back Jacks. Its better than the poo house (Ale House) but I got a bad feeling on Sundays its gonna be packed full of bandwagoners now (seems to be the hot spot to go for games in Wilmington). Also SCP, if you ever came down to Wilmington, I would take you to Cape Fear Wine and Beer downtown. Phenomenal selection of beer.

So here's the thing about this bar. It's not currently open on Sundays, but if I can get a Panthernation Contingent in there every week, and can guarantee a midday sunday crowd, I can convince the owner to let me open for gamedays.

I'm down, as long as I can bring my boy that's a Steeler's fan (hes from Pa) and the food isn't awful.

I'm down, as long as I can bring my boy that's a Steeler's fan (hes from Pa) and the food isn't awful.

Private bar, technically, so no food. But you can order domino's or other food to the bar.

Private bar, technically, so no food. But you can order domino's or other food to the bar.

Sounds good. Sure we won't mind that.

They changed that to a Kick Back Jacks. Its better than the poo house (Ale House) but I got a bad feeling on Sundays its gonna be packed full of bandwagoners now (seems to be the hot spot to go for games in Wilmington). Also SCP, if you ever came down to Wilmington, I would take you to Cape Fear Wine and Beer downtown. Phenomenal selection of beer.

I'm down there from time to time to visit family but it's always with wife and kids in tow. Biscuit has been trying to get me to golf for a few years now. It's tough to go out when you are only there for a few days to visit family.

Sounds good. Sure we won't mind that.

Well come down Friday with your friend and check it out for the game. See what you think and if I can promise a crowd on Sundays, I'm sure that I can talk my owner into letting me open , at least for game hours, come the start of regular season.

I'm down there from time to time to visit family but it's always with wife and kids in tow. Biscuit has been trying to get me to golf for a few years now. It's tough to go out when you are only there for a few days to visit family.

No worries man, totally understandable.

Floppin..I used to go in there all the time when I worked in Brunswick County.

Now I rarely go over the bridge....live on the North side of town.

The reason Wilmington doesn't have a "Panthers" bar, is we are kinda known as fair weather fans, and are a pretty young fan base when compared to a lot of the rest of the NFL. Also there is always tons of poo to do as the weather never gets all that bad here, unlike Cleveland and Pittsburgh.

Well come down Friday with your friend and check it out for the game. See what you think and if I can promise a crowd on Sundays, I'm sure that I can talk my owner into letting me open , at least for game hours, come the start of regular season.

I might come out Friday, but he damn sure won't. Not for a Panthers preseason game.