Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st Half Review

33 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I liked what I saw so far. If the offense fails to find a rhythm again next week I'll start worrying but defense was fine for the first week of preseason. Louis Murphy was a boss, can't wait to see him in with Cam at some point.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Cape Fear Cat' timestamp='1344733895' post='1855561']
I'm still not happy with the D and St either, but I'm trying to keep in mind that it's just the first preseason game. I'll withhold judgement until I see a few more. Mostly I'm just interested in seeing individual performances, and some of those have been really good!
[/quote]

Precisely my point. The preseason is about how individuals perform. The full product doesn't have to impress as much (for me, anyway). If you notice, the best part of the football game itself in these preseason games come when you get down to 3rd-4th on the depth chart. When guys are fighting for spots on the 53-man roster and the skill level is fairly even. That's when you're going to enjoy watching these more. The starters and backups are going through situational stuff and running basic stuff to get back into the swing of things. No reason to sound the alarms and start doubting how we'll look come week 1. It's not like the coaches look at film all week leading up to these games like they do in the regular season. Relax, people.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='lightsout' timestamp='1344734131' post='1855581']
Precisely my point. The preseason is about how individuals perform. The full product doesn't have to impress as much (for me, anyway). If you notice, the best part of the football game itself in these preseason games come when you get down to 3rd-4th on the depth chart. When guys are fighting for spots on the 53-man roster and the skill level is fairly even. That's when you're going to enjoy watching these more. The starters and backups are going through situational stuff and running basic stuff to get back into the swing of things. No reason to sound the alarms and start doubting how we'll look come week 1. It's not like the coaches look at film all week leading up to these games like they do in the regular season. Relax, people.
[/quote]

People forget no game planning what so ever goes into a preseason game. It's about looking at players themselves.

We can fix ST when cuts are made too.

Still 8-8 or 9-7 for me.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthercougar68' timestamp='1344734292' post='1855588']

People forget no game planning what so ever goes into a preseason game. It's about looking at players themselves.

We can fix ST when cuts are made too.

Still 8-8 or 9-7 for me.
[/quote]

That's how I felt last week and how I still feel. I feel we can probably get an 11 win season, given we stay relatively injury free and our secondary gets it together a bit. 8-8 is VERY doable and 9-7 isn't much harder. Anything less than 8 wins will be a disappointment for me.

Posted · Report post

clausen looks like gabbert

Posted · Report post

Pickles looked like a damn statue on that sack.

Posted · Report post

noooo not ness!

Posted · Report post

oh yeah .. Panthers look like crap ... (flying under the radar) .... wait til the season
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panther53521' timestamp='1344734878' post='1855630']
oh yeah .. Panthers look like crap ... (flying under the radar) .... wait til the season
[/quote]

Exactly. I remember in high school, when we played scrimmages our coaching staff would tell us, "don't go out and try to get the big hits or try too hard to break the big runs. Execute the plays we run, be safe, be sound, and give us some tape to look at. Our first week opponent gets this film. We're not going to show much. Let them think we don't have much." I would not be surprised if most NFL teams didn't have the same mindset.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I'd like to see the Dline close some off these holes.

Posted · Report post

Yeah I think It is to early to pass judgment. By the end of game 2 we will have a good idea.

Posted · Report post

[size=4][color=#000000][font=Calibri]I would like to take this opportunity to thank God the Father, Son, Holy Spirit, HaShem, Allah, Hari, Buddha, Ormazd (Mazda), Shang Di, Zues, Flying Spaghetti Monster, and the like. That we made it through without major injuries.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Calibri]After watching the Bengals game last night. I was having nightmares [/font][/color][/size]
1 person likes this