55 replies to this topic

#1 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,719 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:31 PM

Hey, if we can do it in the draft, we can do it here. Anything goes, it seems in both forums.

I think the only thing keeping Obama above water has been his popularity. Poll after poll has people ranking Romney ahead when dealing with the economy, jobs, and defict, but then turn around and are dead even when it comes to voting.

The Obama team has nothing to promote as in a reason to vote FOR them, so their only hope was to make the other team look worse. This is now destroying the popularity he once enjoyed. The media attention has turned suspect on Biden, in particular, and on Obama's team.

Their last great hope, again, in my opinion, was to put Hillary on the ticket and bring back the independents and give women a real reason to get excited. Romney is generally the most docile guy in the world and making him some evil predator to women is jut not believable. Now they are saying they will stick with Joe.

By early September, polling will send the Dems into panic mode, if not already.

Romney/Ryan win by taking Ohio, Iowa, Colorado, NC, Va, and yes, Florida.

MSNBC will be "must see TV" in October

And just like the mock drafts, I am certain you gentleman might have your own opinions. Let's see your forcast

#2 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:10 PM

Obama takes Colorado, Ohio, Florida. Virginia. Iowa is not even an issue. a landslide. Good luck to your John Kerry there. Better luck next time.

#3 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,642 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:36 PM

Romney will take all the states Mccain did, plus North Carolina and Florida. But Obama will take Ohio, and win a close one.

Republicans will lose a few seats in the house, but will cut the Democrats majority in the Senate.

#4 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,400 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:52 PM

I find it funny that journalists are actually asking (begging) Obama to dump Biden and get Hillary.

What does that say about things.

as far as a mock goes. I think Obama wins Pa.

Romney wins VA, NC, FL, WI, and OH.

It comes down to who takes most out of CO, NM, and NH.

House...Republicans gain a few seats due to redistricting (look at a +2 pickup alone here in NC)

Senate...Republicans net +3 or +4. Requires Romney to win to allow Ryan the tiebreaker vote.

#5 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,440 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:59 PM

While Hillary would be immeasurably better than Biden, it would reflect poorly on the ticket if they dumped Biden this late.

Obama needs to send Biden on vacation until the campaigning season is over.

#6 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,642 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:01 PM

Why would Hillary give up the important job of Secretary of State for the mostly ceremonial job of Vice President?

#7 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,719 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:04 PM

Why would Hillary give up the important job of Secretary of State for the mostly ceremonial job of Vice President?

Well, according to the media, for 2016. But Hillary does not need to be associated with Obama in my opinion. She is popular on her own and now has foreign policy experience under her belt. Just wonder if she has been asked and told them no to the delight of Bill.

#8 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,642 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

Well, according to the media, for 2016. But Hillary does not need to be associated with Obama in my opinion. She is popular on her own and now has foreign policy experience under her belt. Just wonder if she has been asked and told them no to the delight of Bill.

That is what I was thinking. Should Clinton decide to run, she has enough name recognition and experience. She doesn't need to be vice president, and would likely be bored in the job. My guess is she keeps the Sec of State job for a couple of more years, then resigns to run for president, if her health allows.

Fwiw, the vice president really isn't as much of a path to the Presidency as some seem to think anyway.

#9 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,719 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

That is what I was thinking. Should Clinton decide to run, she has enough name recognition and experience. She doesn't need to be vice president, and would likely be bored in the job. My guess is she keeps the Sec of State job for a couple of more years, then resigns to run for president, if her health allows.

Fwiw, the vice president really isn't as much of a path to the Presidency as some seem to think anyway.

Very true.

If you are a successful team, then you get to be VP for 8 years. If not sucessful, then you are dumped after 4. Bush Sr is one of the few to do it.

#10 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,516 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:19 AM

I don't think its going to be close to be honest.
Romney isn't as likable as Obama to Joe Voter.

Obama will harp on Romney being part of the evil rich.

Sadly.

#11 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,440 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:53 AM

I'm not certain Hillary would run.

She'll be getting up there in age. She'd be 72 by the end of her first term.

I do hope she runs though. I wish she had won the nomination in 08.

#12 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,642 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:56 AM

I don't think its going to be close to be honest.
Romney isn't as likable as Obama to Joe Voter.

Obama will harp on Romney being part of the evil rich.

Sadly.

Obama isn't as well liked as he was the first time around. He didn't have any record to get pinged on in 2008, now he does.

It will be closer imo, with Romney winning a couple of states that Obama won in 2008 (NC and Indiana definitely, and maybe Florida), but in the end, Obama will likely win.

#13 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,719 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:47 AM

I'm not certain Hillary would run.

She'll be getting up there in age. She'd be 72 by the end of her first term.

I do hope she runs though. I wish she had won the nomination in 08.

Several reports out this morning that she turned down the VP job which was offered by Valerie Jarrett a couple weeks back. Also, reports that she and Pres differ quite substantially on foreign policy issues.

#14 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,690 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:04 PM

Several reports out this morning that she turned down the VP job which was offered by Valerie Jarrett a couple weeks back. Also, reports that she and Pres differ quite substantially on foreign policy issues.

There were also "reports" for years, and even practical guarantees by forum members (meat) that Biden would be ditched in favor of Clinton.

It's wishful thinking, that's all.

#15 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:07 PM

What I think is funny is that the people who hate Obama are the same people who hated Bush and every other president before him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com