• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

Any word on when these guys are going to come back? I'd like to see them in some preseason action,granted their only hope at this point is against reserves.

Hogan has shown absolutely nothing since being drafted. Gettis at least had the good rookie year, but before it's all said and done both of these guys could be fighting for a roster spot.

Here's our current corners without Hogan
Gamble
Norman
Munnerlyn
Butler
Josh Thomas
Stanford

Last year when we cut down to 53 and before picking up Butler on waivers we only carried 3 corners on the active roster(Gamble,Munnerlyn,and Stanford)

Receivers without Gettis
Smith
Lafell
Murphy
Pilares
Adams
Davis
Edwards
Tutu

Last year we went into the season with with 6 receives on the active roster.

heres a link to last years final 53
http://www.charlotte...man-roster.html

amazing the difference a year makes,if we don't cut a single carryover from last years roster there will still be at least 13 new members of our final 53 and the only 1 possible downgrade would be Shockey missing.

#2 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,106 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:34 PM

Hogan showed a lot in the 3 games he played.. unfortunately we haven't seen much this year.

#3 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:38 PM

I haven't seen anything about them other than being inactive

#4 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless Riverboat Ron

• HUDDLER
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:38 PM

I'm thinking the partial season IR rule might apply to one of these two at some point if the NFLPA approves of the new provision....

#5 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless Riverboat Ron

• HUDDLER
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:39 PM

I really can't fathom seeing either of them cut outright.....

#6 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:41 PM

Im hoping they play sunday, but it aint lookin good! I do think they both make the team on potential alone, they are both top three talent at their positions if they can just get healthy... Id rather have a hurt gettis on the bench then a healthy edwards or tutu sitting there.

#7 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:43 PM

I've gone on record stating that I think Hogan will not be on the opening day roster.

#8 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:46 PM

If Gettis isn't healed by now....he may not be able to overcome the injury

#9 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:48 PM

jmo........neither will be cut.

#10 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless Riverboat Ron

• HUDDLER
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:53 PM

Only thing I can find on Gettis is an early August mention of a Hammy problem....the knee is not specifically cited...but there's a lot of room for speculation there...he's mentioned as running full speed at some point, but like many have pointed out, running full speed and making sharp cuts are way different when it comes to a repaired knee.

#11 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:56 PM

If Gettis isn't healed by now....he may not be able to overcome the injury

Edwards and tutu combined for exactly 1 more catch and 4 more yards then gettis last year. Im keeping him over those two this year. If he cant get on the field this year next year we can move on, but not yet.

#12 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:57 PM

Any word on when these guys are going to come back?

Hogan has shown absolutely nothing since being drafted. Gettis at least had the good rookie year, but before it's all said and done both of these guys could be fighting for a roster spot.

Here's our current corners without Hogan: Gamble Norman Munnerlyn Butler Josh Thomas
Stanford

Last year when we cut down to 53 and before picking up Butler on waivers we only carried 3 corners on the active roster(Gamble,Munnerlyn,and Stanford)

Receivers without Gettis: Smith Lafell Murphy Pilares Adams Davis Edwards Tutu

amazing the difference a year makes,if we don't cut a single carryover from last years roster there will still be at least 13 new members of our final 53 and the only 1 possible downgrade would be Shockey missing.

Good post & questions. I don't think they will give up on Hogan yet. I think if either, they 'could' on Gettis...IF...he is not going to be able to get on the field before October.

I think they end up carrying 5-6 CBs & 6 WRs. The 6 CBs would be if they have doubts about Hogan, otherwise 5, IMO.

I really hope we get a chance to see them in the next 2 games. Hogan has had a longtime to heal now & Gettis has had a year as well. I can see the training staff holding him out to the 1 year point as a WR, but with Hogan...there must be inflammation that will not resolve for him to be held out this long.

#13 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:01 PM

Only thing I can find on Gettis is an early August mention of a Hammy problem....the knee is not specifically cited...but there's a lot of room for speculation there...he's mentioned as running full speed at some point, but like many have pointed out, running full speed and making sharp cuts are way different when it comes to a repaired knee.

Yep, you are right. I remember reading about his hammy too. It is not out of the ordinary for other musculoskeletal problems to arise after extensive rehab on a repaired ACL/Achilles/Rotator Cuff, etc. I hope he can get out there soon, b/c the boys got jets. The 1 thing that has made me feel a little better tho is the play of Murphy. I love Gettis, but think Murphy will also be very good (they 'better' cut Tutu...they have given him the best chance to win the #3 WR job, but he blew it already IMO).

#14 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,400 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

:beatdeadhorse:

#15 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:03 PM

Hogan showed a lot in the 3 games he played.. unfortunately we haven't seen much this year.

How does one show a lot in 57 snaps?
9 against Houston
20 vs Tampa
28 vs New Orleans

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.