#1 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:19 PM

I know it's preseason but this is going to be fun to watch. What does everyone expect to see with this matchup?

I bet at least two fights

#2 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,378 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:26 PM

Wow... Cam's throws will have to be perfect.

#3 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

Newton's too smart to throw it at the best corner in the game. If Smith catches any balls, they'll be behind the line with any yards picked up being after the catch.

Things might get chippy though, if Revis starts to press him or when Smitty blocks Revis.

Really though, I'm glad this 3rd preseason game is against the Jets and Revis, as it'll allow LaFell to shine and either Pilares or Tutu to lock down the #4 WR Spot (Assuming Murphy is #3).

#4 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:28 PM

This should be interesting, and I know Smitty's going to be pumped, especially since he has a QB that can get him the ball now.
Last time we played the Jets, Jake threw the ball off Smitty's foot for a pick.

#5 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:30 PM

Revis respects Steve Smith a lot, I remember last a couple of years ago, Revis was calling out Randy Moss (calling him a slouch), and during a interview, he was asked about who he thinks is one of the best WR in the game, and he mentioned Steve Smith, and that was the 2010 season.......

#6 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,725 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:31 PM

Cromartie and his 18 kids will be a good test for Lafell as well.

#7 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:32 PM

Newton's too smart to throw it at the best corner in the game. If Smith catches any balls, they'll be behind the line with any yards picked up being after the catch.

Things might get chippy though, if Revis starts to press him or when Smitty blocks Revis.

Really though, I'm glad this 3rd preseason game is against the Jets and Revis, as it'll allow LaFell to shine and either Pilares or Tutu to lock down the #4 WR Spot (Assuming Murphy is #3).

I'm sure Revis won't be lined up on Smitty on every play, especially since Revis normally lines up on the left side the majority of the time, kinda like Gamble.

#8 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,791 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:32 PM

depends on how long the first team offense is kept in the game. isn't the third game usually the one where the starters play the first half and part of the third quarter? if so we should get a fairly good idea of how the offense will perform against a stout run and pass defense.

#9 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,573 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:45 PM

Revis respects Steve Smith a lot, I remember last a couple of years ago, Revis was calling out Randy Moss (calling him a slouch), and during a interview, he was asked about who he thinks is one of the best WR in the game, and he mentioned Steve Smith, and that was the 2010 season.......

Yeah, I remember that.. 2009 I believe. I never got the picture those 2 would be fighting..

#10 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,336 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:53 PM

I know it's preseason but this is going to be fun to watch. What does everyone expect to see with this matchup?

I bet at least two fights

No fights.

And Cam should stay away from Revis island.

#11 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,336 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:57 PM

Newton is 23 and possibly the most physically gifted player in the league....I some how doubt he is that wise yet. He has never seen a Revis before...And I would put easy money on him going to Smitty at least once deep

#12 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,557 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:06 PM

Newton is 23 and possibly the most physically gifted player in the league....I some how doubt he is that wise yet. He has never seen a Revis before...And I would put easy money on him going to Smitty at least once deep

You honestly don't think he knows how good Revis is? Really? Cam is a football head, he's watched Revis.

#13 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:06 PM

steve gonna go wambammawannabana on revis

#14 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 11,242 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:09 PM

Posted Image

lol

#15 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,336 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:11 PM

You honestly don't think he knows how good Revis is? Really? Cam is a football head, he's watched Revis.

How could he know? He hasn't faced the leagues elite CBs yet. Yeah, film shows he is good...

Plus like I said, he is young, absurdly gifted....and has 89 to throw to. You honestly think 89 doesn't think he can make plays on Revis? You think 89 is going to tell Cam to ignore him unless he has 3 yards on Revis? Plus it is preseason.....you know Cam is going to want to see how good the true elite are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com