#16 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,288 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

How could he know? He hasn't faced the leagues elite CBs yet. Yeah, film shows he is good...

Plus like I said, he is young, absurdly gifted....and has 89 to throw to. You honestly think 89 doesn't think he can make plays on Revis? You think 89 is going to tell Cam to ignore him unless he has 3 yards on Revis? Plus it is preseason.....you know Cam is going to want to see how good the true elite are.

Cam is wise enough not to do everything Steve says......

#17 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,808 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

Things won't get chippy because its a preseason game and Revis/Smith have respect for each other

#18 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,513 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:18 PM

depends on how long the first team offense is kept in the game. isn't the third game usually the one where the starters play the first half and part of the third quarter? if so we should get a fairly good idea of how the offense will perform against a stout run and pass defense.

I heard 3 quarters. It could be just a full half.

#19 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:19 PM

Cam is wise enough not to do everything Steve says......

True, but not to ignore him on a football field.

Jets can afford to play more one on one with Revis than your standard team. Revis may be the leagues best.....but I personally think you are crazy if you don't believe Smith AND Cam don't think they can make plays on everyone in this league. That would go against everything we have learned about both...

hey, I fully support Cam staying away. I think he should. I just think he will test the water.

Smitty can beat Revis. Seen him do it....he just didn't have a good throw on the route.

#20 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:19 PM

Newton is 23 and possibly the most physically gifted player in the league....I some how doubt he is that wise yet. He has never seen a Revis before...And I would put easy money on him going to Smitty at least once deep

Yeah, he might test Revis once deep, but only because it's preseason. You've got to remember that Newton got voted into the top 100 players in the league by his peers, so I'm pretty sure he's aware of who the other all-stars are.

#21 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:20 PM

Things won't get chippy because its a preseason game and Revis/Smith have respect for each other

Well, Revis and Smitty don't have bad blood so I agree they won't fight.

But Saturday night was preseason.....and Smitty was as chippy as he gets

#22 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:25 PM

Attached File  GYI0059031220_crop_450x500.jpg   63.04K   12 downloads

#23 DudeNamedJeremy

DudeNamedJeremy

That's what she said.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:46 PM

its preseason...i say throw it to smitty all day

#24 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:00 PM

Just because it is the preseason doesn't mean force it 24/7.

Revis is playing at a Hall of Fame level. Hell, he is playing at a top ten cornerback of all-time level. Newton sure as hell better be smart with his throws if he decides to test out Revis Island. Because, I LOVE Smitty but I think we all can agree (sans the homers) that he likely is not going to be getting the best of Revis on more than maybe 1 or 2 plays. Revis is just too good.

#25 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:17 PM

Yeah Revis is way too good. Honestly, I won't take ANY WR right now in a matchup against Revis. Smitty may get a few plays here and there, but in general I expect Revis to win the fight. Thankfully, Smitty isn't our only weapon in the passing game anymore.

#26 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:31 PM

Olsen is the guy who could benefit from Revis on Smith. The Jets have a good group of corners, but their linebackers are overrated outside of David Harris, as are their safeties - at least in coverage. Olsen should be able to get open often.

#27 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,918 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:33 PM

I know it's preseason but this is going to be fun to watch. What does everyone expect to see with this matchup?

I bet at least two fights

Smitty rarely gets into fights with guys he abuses.

#28 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Post Draught Hangover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:34 PM

Revis has totally owned smitty and basically every receiver in the league for a while now. No reason to think 89 will "blow it up" against him now.

But seriously. 89 will blow it up!

#29 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,918 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:56 PM

I hope Cam's first pass is an intentional 98 mph fast ball at Revis' head at about 7 yards out while he isn't looking.

#30 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,203 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:10 PM

Revis seems to like Smitty. He had some good things to said bout Smith when he was asked about receivers he played against a couple years ago. Probably no fights.

Smitty and Vontae been pretty physical with each other in the past so I wasn't surprise with what happened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.