Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cary Kollins

Bills release Merriman..what are the chances?

62 posts in this topic

We already have an injury prone LB in TD. This signing wouldn't make any sense as well.

If we picked him up I highly doubt he would play OLB, much more likely he would be a situational pass rusher at DE. Decent shot he would be better than Keiser or Applewhite. Would only want him for the minimum though.

If that's what position he would play I could see that.

If we picked him up I highly doubt he would play OLB, much more likely he would be a situational pass rusher at DE. Decent shot he would be better than Keiser or Applewhite.

I doubt better than Keiser. Dude has stepped up and may find himself getting more snaps across from CJ than Hardy does this year.

1 person likes this

Not to mention the fact that he's a huge douche... no.

Feel bad for the guy though(Edit: Aside from the douchy things he has done), was well on his way to a hall of fame career, 39.5 sacks over first 3 seasons. Shows how much an single injury can derail a very promising career. Situations like this is the reason that I never really get mad at players for trying to get as much money as they can, bc on any given play your career could be over.

zero. maybe higher if he were still on steroids.

Its possible but I don't see it.

seriously?

bwahahahahahahahahahhahah.....

"i recognize the game and once upon a time he was really good or something. MARTY SIGN HIMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!"

We actually have talent on our team now. Why do threads of shitty/old/injury prone players being released keep popping up.

Applewhite/Keiser/newdraftedDE are better in short and long term.

I know teams get rid of players for multiple reasons and that one man's trash can be another man's treasure. Still there is a probably a reason he didn't even last to final cuts.

LOL, yea that's exactly what we need. A washed up, oft-injured LB...

As I have said before I was a Bills fan before becoming a panthers fan because well...they existed before the Panthers :-)

As such I still follow them as much as I do the Panthers, that said Merriman sucks. He was done a couple years back when Buffalo picked him up off waivers. They have stood by him and let him collect a paycheck for over two seasons now while he has done nothing but rehab.

Once he got off the Juice he wasn't 1/2 what he used to be. He would in fact be nothing but a waste of a good roster space on this team. It is past time for this guy to retire.