Photo
- - - - -

Bills release Merriman..what are the chances?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#16 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,970 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:10 AM

Not to mention the fact that he's a huge douche... no.

#17 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:11 AM

Feel bad for the guy though(Edit: Aside from the douchy things he has done), was well on his way to a hall of fame career, 39.5 sacks over first 3 seasons. Shows how much an single injury can derail a very promising career. Situations like this is the reason that I never really get mad at players for trying to get as much money as they can, bc on any given play your career could be over.

#18 Zithers

Zithers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:12 AM

zero. maybe higher if he were still on steroids.

#19 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,616 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

Its possible but I don't see it.

#20 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,602 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:20 AM

seriously?

bwahahahahahahahahahhahah.....

"i recognize the game and once upon a time he was really good or something. MARTY SIGN HIMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!"

#21 French Navy

French Navy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • LocationKing of the world, on a boat like Leo

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:24 AM

We actually have talent on our team now. Why do threads of shitty/old/injury prone players being released keep popping up.

Applewhite/Keiser/newdraftedDE are better in short and long term.

#22 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,651 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:31 AM

I know teams get rid of players for multiple reasons and that one man's trash can be another man's treasure. Still there is a probably a reason he didn't even last to final cuts.

#23 GAme

GAme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:33 AM

LOL, yea that's exactly what we need. A washed up, oft-injured LB...

#24 Highlandfire

Highlandfire

There can be only one.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:45 AM

As I have said before I was a Bills fan before becoming a panthers fan because well...they existed before the Panthers :-)

As such I still follow them as much as I do the Panthers, that said Merriman sucks. He was done a couple years back when Buffalo picked him up off waivers. They have stood by him and let him collect a paycheck for over two seasons now while he has done nothing but rehab.

Once he got off the Juice he wasn't 1/2 what he used to be. He would in fact be nothing but a waste of a good roster space on this team. It is past time for this guy to retire.

#25 Panthers4lyfe

Panthers4lyfe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:47 AM

3rd and longs well have a d line of.. CJ/Hardy/Applewhite/Keiser... That'll get you a pretty good pass rush, but i mean i wouldn't mind the pick up if he can still show flashes at times. I trust in Rivera to know what he's doing

#26 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,602 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:53 AM

As I have said before I was a Bills fan before becoming a panthers fan because well...they existed before the Panthers :-)

As such I still follow them as much as I do the Panthers, that said Merriman sucks. He was done a couple years back when Buffalo picked him up off waivers. They have stood by him and let him collect a paycheck for over two seasons now while he has done nothing but rehab.

Once he got off the Juice he wasn't 1/2 what he used to be. He would in fact be nothing but a waste of a good roster space on this team. It is past time for this guy to retire.

100% dead on. it wasn't just the getting injured often. he's just not the man he used to be.

it's not this "maybe he just needs a clean slate/new scene" or whatever. he's done and he's been done for a few years.

#27 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:08 AM

If we picked him up I highly doubt he would play OLB, much more likely he would be a situational pass rusher at DE. Decent shot he would be better than Keiser or Applewhite. Would only want him for the minimum though.

STRONGLY disagree!!!!!

I am excited about the Keiser/Applewhite potential.

I don't see them being leauge superstars, but very good at getting close to the QB.

They make me excited because it reminds me of when we had Buckner and Jenkins and Wallace and Peppers and Rucker etc....

Granted most names were DTs, they all were solid and added depth and versatility against oppenents.

#28 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:11 AM

Why not just start a "washed up player we don't want thread" that way all of these threads can just be combined into one on-going thread.

#29 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,175 posts
  • Location704

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:14 AM

I doubt better than Keiser. Dude has stepped up and may find himself getting more snaps across from CJ than Hardy does this year.

Totally agree with this post. Hardy better realize that Keiser most def can play and CJ won't be the DE that Keiser takes snaps from.

Also, you shouldn't put to much thought into what Munch posts/thinks.

#30 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,967 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:15 AM

Will he come with Tia Tequila?! Then no...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com