#21 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:57 PM

Fiber Cereal for breakfast

Lean Cuisine/frozen low calorie deal for lunch

Apple for snack

Lean meat like chicken breast with two veggies instead of rice/potatoes/bread for dinner

Only drink one cup of black coffee per day, and rest of the time water.

If you eat salads don't get creamy dressings...oil and vinegar is good.

Cut out fast food, soft drinks, and as many carbs as you can stand.

You will start losing lbs. Slowly but steadily.

#22 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

• LocationNC
SUPPORTER

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:27 PM

I lost 50 pounds in the last 8 months. Just ate more, less portions, exercised, and dropped soda completely. cardio is your friend man. I need to start again.

#23 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationWilmington, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

I lost 50 pounds in the last 8 months. Just ate more, less portions, exercised, and dropped soda completely. cardio is your friend man. I need to start again.

Huh?

#24 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

• LocationNC
SUPPORTER

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:43 PM

Eating more often I suppose. Instead of 3 meals I'm eating around 5-6, in small portions. Like a glass of milk with a banana in the early morning, an apple with water a couple of hours later. A good lunch, peanuts a couple of hours later with water, Another fruit or jelly or soemthing, then supper.

#25 Toolbox

Toolbox

SENIOR HUDDLER

• Locationnc
HUDDLER

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

Use myfitnesspal.com to track your cals intake and excercise.. I lost 30 lbs in 3 months using this site as a tool.

#26 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:57 PM

Baloney? lol

Nickzz is right. Burn more calories throughout the day than you take in. Add in some exercise if you want to lose it faster.

The only way I'm wrong is if he's only interested in having a lower weight. I'm under the assumption that he wants to lose excess fat. You don't lose fat by starving yourself. When you do that, your body retains a higher portion of what you eat for fat preserves and uses less nutrients that make your body function properly. Our body is designed (or evolved, for some of you) for survival - we can go a long time without eating. Storing fat is a big priority for human bodies.

I know you like scientific literature and peer reviewed articles. Show me just one that agrees a low calorie diet not only burns fat, but is healthy. I've seen plenty that warn about the loss of muscle mass and bone density... while the body stores more fat.

#27 bigjohn

bigjohn

Block and Tackle

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:29 PM

Good stuff here folks. Thanks a (I hope I lose a) ton.

#28 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• LocationWilmington, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

Eating more often I suppose. Instead of 3 meals I'm eating around 5-6, in small portions. Like a glass of milk with a banana in the early morning, an apple with water a couple of hours later. A good lunch, peanuts a couple of hours later with water, Another fruit or jelly or soemthing, then supper.

Ahh, yes... Gotcha. Eating 5-6 meals per day vs 3 is very good for you, esp if you're trying to lose weight. I've been doing that for at least a year now, smaller portions at meals and healthy snacks between. I'm not really trying to lose weight per se, just keep/put on muscle and lose fat. I'm down 3 belt loops in the past year and still right at 215.

#29 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:29 AM

I'd recommend stop psyching yourself out by saying you are 42 like its a bad thing. 42 is young in this day and age and isn't preventing you from doing jack squat. Its almost like that number has given you license to fail.

I'd also recommend picking up some weights. The more muscle mass you have the more calories you will burn all day long.

#30 Hawk

Hawk

Banned

Moderators

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:56 AM

masturbate daily...more if you can handle it...always good to get the heart rate up a little!

water, water and then more water! Too many people fail because they don't drink near enough water

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users