Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tom

Blurb on Amini

61 posts in this topic

Lol I wanted Janoris Jenkins over him and was pissed STL got JJ right before we took Amini. My continued inability to evaluate college football talent never ceases to amaze me. From now on, whomever I say we should pick pre-draft, take ANYONE but that guy. I'm batting like .047 lifetime on draft talent evaluations.

You evaluated JJ perfectly. The Panthers wanted him, but he was taken a spot before us. Now JJ is tearing it up in the Rams camp. I bet you, the Panthers would trade Amini for JJ straight up if they could even now. JJ looks like the shutdown corner that we thought he was and then some.

You evaluated JJ perfectly.  The Panthers wanted him, but he was taken a spot before us.  Now JJ is tearing it up in the Rams camp.  I bet you, the Panthers would trade Amini for JJ straight up if they could even now.  JJ looks like the shutdown corner that we thought he was and then some.

I wouldn't want JJ anyways, he screams of Revis-diva syndrome where every other year would be a holdout threat. The Panthers aren't that kind of team.

1 person likes this

I wouldn't want JJ anyways, he screams of Revis-diva syndrome where every other year would be a holdout threat. The Panthers aren't that kind of team.

I agree about his character not being ideal. JJ can play ball. Not that Amini is not a good draft pick, but shutdown corners are harder to come by than starting OGs.

JJ is also one of those rookies who are playing good ball and so is Cox who has lined up at 3 tech and DE for philly.

I'm pleasantly suprised by our O-line. I thought we'd have some issues by early signs are looking good.

I'd still take a pass on JJ. I said before the draft there's some guys you have to remove from your draft board completely, he is one of those guys.

We have Norman and Gamble... I'm sure more CB's will come. Calling him a "lock-down" CB is way too early

I'm sorry but O-Line > DB's especially if you got a star QB

1 person likes this

We have Norman and Gamble... I'm sure more CB's will come. Calling him a "lock-down" CB is way too early

I'm sorry but O-Line > DB's especially if you got a star QB

I was making the assessment that JJ has been playing like a shutdown CB thus far. I agree, we can't put him in the same sentence as Revis yet, but if he continues to play the way he is playing, he could be a Top 5 CB in this league by year end.

Monsta evalutated JJ correctly and so did the Panthers. I am very happy with Norman, and Amini as well.

Lol I wanted Janoris Jenkins over him and was pissed STL got JJ right before we took Amini. My continued inability to evaluate college football talent never ceases to amaze me. From now on, whomever I say we should pick pre-draft, take ANYONE but that guy. I'm batting like .047 lifetime on draft talent evaluations.

Yes, everyone should just listen to me. I posted a mock with Kuechly and Silatolu as our first two picks back in February and got about laughed out of the draft forum.

But yeah, I also wanted Jenkins and was mad when they took him right before us.

I am loving the honesty here. I was not a huge fan of this draft. However, the Panther's best drafts were in 2001 (Smith, Jenkins, Morgan) and 2007 (Beason, Kalil, Johnson). This draft COULD POSSIBLY be better: If things go as we figure the will, we will have 3 drafted players starting (Norman, Kuechly, and Silatolu). That has never happened. In addition, we probably have a punter and punt returner who will participate. Alexander could become a solid DE.

Take a look at the draft this year and possibly draw some comparisons to the panthers 2 best drafts:

Kuechly---Morgan, Beason

Alexander---Johnson

Adams---Smith

Silatolu----Kalil

Norman---no comparison

Of course, hypothetical at this point, but the comparisons are not far fetched. If you combine the 2001 and 2007 lists of top 3 picks (by the way---we had NO THIRD ROUNDER in 2012), you get a combined total of 2 rookie, first game starters (Morgan, Beason). The others were rotational or sat the bench. (Smith was a returner --a good one who made the pro bowl; Jenkins worked in as a rotational player; Kalil started at G and was benched; Johnson was a rotational second teamer)

Silatolu, Norman, Alexander, and Adams, and Luke could make this draft the best in team history--and I was cussing the whole time.

2 people like this